Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mio mifi

Aruba since 1979
    i don't even to prentend to know anythng about data internet technology, but maybe the wind situation is a real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    That's what we think. The weird part is the first few days with no wind on the beach, the connection was spotty. Today there is the wind and it works better. Go figure. But regardless, I would still get it because sometimes setar is spotty so you have a backup

This is so funny that this thread is posted on here. I just asked about it on the Facebook group for the Marriott Surf Club. I called MIO to get more information. If you are coming from the hotels you go left at the round about at Talk of the Town and it is down the road.

Mio didn't seem to be what I had expected. The data packages did seem rather high plus I was under the impression that you could carry extra data over until your next trip... WRONG! So if you purchase data it is good for the current month and they will hold it over only for one week into the following month. So, if you arrive third week of a month (for example) they told me to only buy a small data package and buy more into the following month. It is cheaper to buy in larger quantities but depending on how long you plan to stay into the following month it won't work. So I am not considering this anymore.

Digicel hot spot internet is interesting, I am going to check that out. Any information on Digicel would be appreciated.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We've used Mio for years, most recently for two weeks in November 2016. Flawless. Everywhere we went, five bars, streaming Fox News and Boston sports talk radio - no problem whatsoever.

Aruba since 1979
    you were most fortunate indeed.
    we had great reception using it at surfside beach
    but, inside our unit at the tropicana, it was sometimes slow and disconnected occasionally.
    i hesitate to say it was more trouble than it was worth as i was able to access the internet, but sometimes it was a pain.
    i am sure that we will use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    We've used Mio for years, most recently for two weeks in November 2016. Flawless. Everywhere we went, five bars, streaming Fox News and Boston sports talk radio - no problem whatsoever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12