Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MIO Question

Question MIO Question

Hello,
    I am going to be staying the last week of March and the first week of April.

I understand MIO will pro-rate the data plan (both GB and $$) for March and I will pay for the full month of April...no problem.

Question, will I need to go back on April 1st to pay/obtain my data plan for April or can I pay for both months when I obtain the MIO in March?

Has anyone's stay spanned 2 months?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    one of our forum members , liz-aruba lover , is my go to person for the MIO.
    i have directed her to this thread and if she knows the answer, i am sure she will post.
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgher View Post
    Hello,

I understand MIO will pro-rate the data plan (both GB and $$) for March and I will pay for the full month of April...no problem.

Question, will I need to go back on April 1st to pay/obtain my data plan for April or can I pay for both months when I obtain the MIO in March?

Thanks

No need to go back in April, I was down last week in September and the first two weeks in October, Mio pro-rated September and charged me out for October all in the one visit. I was very impressed with Mio !! And I have the device packed away with my passport for my next Aruba trip !!

Thanks arubacandy!!

Did you go to the MIO near Super Foods or the main office downtown?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm definitely renting a mio device. LizAruba was wonderful in answering all my questions I had.

Aruba since 1979
    Are the MIOs now for rent? I was under the impression it was purchase the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I'm definitely renting a mio device. LizAruba was wonderful in answering all my questions I had.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgher View Post
    Hello,

Thanks
    I have stayed more than 1 month. No, you do not need to go back to the MIO store to pay for the 2nd month. Just tell them that you need the data plan for the rest of the month (March) and the month of April. Bring all your devices with you so they can set-them up (iphone, tablet, laptop, etc).

Aruba since 1979
    liz….gaby mentioned that she will be renting a MIO. are they now available to rent or is it just purchase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I have stayed more than 1 month. No, you do not need to go back to the MIO store to pay for the 2nd month. Just tell them that you need the data plan for the rest of the month (March) and the month of April. Bring all your devices with you so they can set-them up (iphone, tablet, laptop, etc).

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Are the MIOs now for rent? I was under the impression it was purchase the device.
    Gaby may have misunderstood me. The cost of buying the MIO device is under $30. I don't think it would make sense for them to rent the device. MIO did have a promotion that the device was free. Unless they extended the promotion it ended Dec. 31st.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    i was surprised that she said "rent"

i really love the idea of the personal hotspot device!
    so glad that you told me about it……a year ago?
    we'll be buying the device when we arrive in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Gaby may have misunderstood me. The cost of buying the MIO device is under $30. I don't think it would make sense for them to rent the device. MIO did have a promotion that the device was free. Unless they extended the promotion it ended Dec. 31st.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast