Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MIO Question

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    no, I made the mistake. I didn't realize I put "renting". I meant buying. Liz definitely told me "buying" and in my head I knew this, lol, but unfortunately my fingers went to "renting". No, you buy it from what I learned. I think its a much better way, too. this way you have it each time you go. the first time, its the same cost as setar card. but after that, its cheaper and from what I can gather, more reliable. I know someone else who bought the setar card and had the same problem I did. I am definitely buying the device.

I bought mine at the Mio store next to the new Super food. I have it packed with my passport so next visit to Aruba, I'll go back into Mio and just buy a data plan . Love it and it worked great !!!

So with all this i ended up goggling MIO in Aruba and found the website. so i will be staying for 9 days in May, will they prorate may for me? I didn't see that on the website. I might just do this instead of going to the internet cafe'. but, i will find out how much it costs to link to the internet at the Divi too....

Aruba since 1979
    Yes betty do the math.
    If divi internet is less than $70 for the week than that may be the way to go.
    The mio price with the device and the data plan runs about $70.
    It is a personal hotspot.
    I do not know about prorating mio. Maybe Liz will be able to answer.

I'm heading to Aruba April 20th which is Easter so I'm assuming the stores will be closed and I also believe they are closed Easter Monday. Is there any way to purchase the device and pay for everything upfront (and have it shipped to me at home or to the hotel) so we aren't stuck for 2 days without it? My Husband has to be able to connect for work

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyp View Post
    So with all this i ended up goggling MIO in Aruba and found the website. so i will be staying for 9 days in May, will they prorate may for me? I didn't see that on the website. I might just do this instead of going to the internet cafe'. but, i will find out how much it costs to link to the internet at the Divi too....
    Betty,

Mio will not prorate their monthly service for only 9 days in May. As Andrea mentioned it may be more cost effective if you get service through the Divi.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneeDiorio View Post
    I'm heading to Aruba April 20th which is Easter so I'm assuming the stores will be closed and I also believe they are closed Easter Monday. Is there any way to purchase the device and pay for everything upfront (and have it shipped to me at home or to the hotel) so we aren't stuck for 2 days without it? My Husband has to be able to connect for work
    You are correct that MIO will be closed Easter (their stores are not open on Sundays) and also closed Easter Monday. I had asked MIO about paying for service in advance and they said no. If you will be needing the internet for more than 1 device during your stay (laptop, tablets, iphone) it may be cheaper to purchase 2 days through Setar @ $10.00 a day for the device your husband will need (l assume laptop) to connect for work, and on Tuesday purchase MIO.

If you only be using 1 device during your vacation and staying only 1 week then it will be cheaper to buy the service through your resort/Setar.

Super helpful! Thanks for all the info Liz! I can't wait to buy a MIO device
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

we are staying at the marriott and I don't believe the setar service works there. I may be wrong but I think it's 8. An hour for wifi there. I guess he's just going to have to deal with a wired connection for 2 days and then we will have to run out to purchase the mio Tuesday morning. Thanks for all of the info!!

I emailed them for more info

Here's their answer:
    You can purchase a Mi-Fi and activate this for AWG 49,-, which is approximately US$27. We charge AWG. 30,- for the Mi-Fi device, which is approximately US$18. Both these charges are a one time fee. The device is compatible with your tablet. Additionally we offer different packages: 4GB for AWG 69 (Approx. US$38), 8GB for AWG 99 (Approx. US$55) or 15GB for AWG 145 (Approx. US$80). This will give you 30 days of premium wireless internet anywhere, anytime. Should you surpass the amount of GB you purchased before the end of those 30 days you will still be connected but with a slower connection. The device offers up to 5 connections up to 30 feet.

Our store, located at Caya G.F. Betico Croes 168, is open from Monday through Saturday from 10am - 6pm. We also have a retail store located at the Superfood Plaza called Cellular Xpress and is open on the same days mentioned above from 10am - 8pm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast