Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moomba Beach??

starfish

Moomba Beach??

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree for the second time. Not too bad for the price!

Just wondering why no one ever mentions Moomba Beach for happy hour or dinner? Went there last year and once the year before that and had a good time. Sometimes they have a live band.

We didn't like the loud DJ they had playing Hip Hop from 10 am till 6:00 pm non stop on my last trip though. Is that a weekly thing they do?

Also can anyone tell us the ultimate private romantic beach thing to do in aruba...dinner, massage, picnic lunch, where and how??

Mr. Ratt

Re: Moomba Beach??

Personal choice for the aforementioned romantic eve, massage, etc. The Divi has a wonderful restaurant called the Red Parrot, the beach at night in that area is amazing, and there is a spa facility at the Divi (not part of the Divi, just on the property) that does incredible massages and treatments. My wife and I start off our yearly vacation there first thing, then just wind down from there.

Now that's relaxin'...

9 more weeks.... and it's still cold here.

[%sig%]

Jennifer luvs aruba

Most romantic thing in Aruba is to chart the private Morning Star Yacht. Marci and Kat will treat you like royalty - have several different prices and trips to choose from and how romantic to either have a sunset sail with dinner served by a hot guy in a tux or a day sail with a nice lunch and a snorkel? These folks are great and have an excellent reputation and it's affordable! Their webset is sailmorningstar.com (I think) if not you can find it on this site. They are the Morning Star. Whatever you do enjoy! P.S. we like Moomba Beach also, however, it seems like every year they change their menu and style - I think they are still trying to get it right. Have you tried to eat at the Pelican Pier? (right down from the Holiday Inn to the left if you are looking at the ocean)

frobbi

We stay at the Marriott Complex and have enjoyed Moomba beach many nights. I hope they still have free wifi. It's so nice for a late night drink on the beach emailing the folks back home,,nya nya nya.

tinad

Lisa: I agree, the noise of the steel drum band playing till 11Pm on Sat night is a bit much. I also do not like the crowd that frequents this place in the evening. Remember that we are staying in foreign country. I smelled some sort of weed in the air. Anyway enough said- I would not go @ night. As for thr most romantic is the Morningstar. It is by far the best event I have ever done in 4 trips to Aruba. The owners will make you fell like royalty - and no phoney air. Kat and Marc put their heart and soul into pleasing you as a guest.

henry

were is morningstar?

Quote Originally Posted by tinad View Post
    Lisa: I agree, the noise of the steel drum band playing till 11Pm on Sat night is a bit much. I also do not like the crowd that frequents this place in the evening. Remember that we are staying in foreign country. I smelled some sort of weed in the air. Anyway enough said- I would not go @ night. As for thr most romantic is the Morningstar. It is by far the best event I have ever done in 4 trips to Aruba. The owners will make you fell like royalty - and no phoney air. Kat and Marc put their heart and soul into pleasing you as a guest.

Weed? How horrible! Heaven forbid you get a whiff of some harmless smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    were is morningstar?
    http://www.morningstararuba.com/
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Unhappy Moomba Beach

My husband and I dined at Moomba Beach for dinner and were seriously disappointed. We ordered crab cakes for an appetizer and they arrived in a very mushy, undercooked state. We asked the server if they were supposed to be pan fried, and she seemed confused and annoyed that we asked. We told her they seemed mushy and undercooked. She hesitatingly asked if we wanted to send them back or get something else. We didn't see any other appetizers that looked appealing, so we told her we would just get dessert after dinner instead. She made a point to say that we could get ONE dessert in place of the crab cakes (we never implied that we would get more even though the desserts are cheaper than the crab cakes). My water went empty almost the entire night as well - we had to call over our server whenever we needed anything (I think she was mad at us for the crab cakes b/c she seemed to avoid us). We also ordered fajitas (chicken and steak) - they were ok, but the meat didn't taste grilled (that's how we're used to fajita meat being cooked). Apparently it was cooked in olive oil and pesto. They forgot to bring the cheese that goes with the fajitas, but we didn't mention it.

Later, we ordered a brownie w/ strawberry ice cream for dessert. Our server seemed to dislike our choice of strawberry ice cream (maybe she thought we were trying to get 2 desserts even though the cost of the brownie and ice cream was still less than the crab cakes). Once again, we were very disappointed w/ the brownie - it tasted like a dry chocolate cake w/ little flavor or texture. The ice cream scoop was so small, we barely had any. When we were finished, the server barely said two words to us - again, I think she was still upset with us over the crab cakes (I guess they don't like people who aren't satisfied with their food). The one nice thing about Moomba Beach was the location (we were right on the beach w/ a great view). I hope other people have a better food experience than we did - the romantic atmosphere is hard to keep when the food and service is lacking.

Moomba Beach

We eat dinner @ Moomba 1X each time we go.

Hey- its only $15-25 - you are paying for the view,
    not the chef. My wife actually loves the coconut shrimp
    & with some wine & the sunset, I dont even know what I ate,
    but it is always fine for me.

By the way, their $10 breakfast buffet is better than Le petit cafe.
    (in front of Playa Linda) You can eat on the beach too.(no sunset)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast