Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

More Newbie Questions

Thanks everyone for helping me with my planning, you've all been great!

On to my questions

I want to take my wife (she will be by then to Flying Fishbone, and I want to do it right. Table in the water the whole nine yards. What am I asking for to make the reservation and what time should I request to see the sun go down in Aug?

Do you usually reserve all of your retaurants before you leave? I've seen posts where people had reserved all their meals months in advance. Is this necessary? If I don't do this will we be eating at Wendys every night? I plan on reserving the FF dinner, but should I worry about anything else?

Our departing flight leaves at 7am do we really need to get to the airport at 4am? Its on a sunday AA flight to San Juan. It might be the only flight that early, what time does the airport actually open or is it a 24 hour thing?

Thanks again,
    John

For a guaranteed oceanfront in the water table you MUST reserve in advance. Flying Fishbone, specific table? The only seating for this is at 5 p.m. so time of sunset is irrevalent, but sunset in August is between 7:06 p.m. at the beginning of the month and as early as 6:51 p.m. at the end of the month. http://www.weather.an/reports/documents/SunrisesunsetAruba2008.pdf

If your dates are flexible for dining, with the exception of Madame Janette, I would not worry about making reservations until you are on the island and could even wait until the "day of". MJ's I would make now to insure you get in. Next to the FFB, it is probably the most popular restaurant on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnniee View Post
    Our departing flight leaves at 7am do we really need to get to the airport at 4am? Its on a sunday AA flight to San Juan. It might be the only flight that early, what time does the airport actually open or is it a 24 hour thing?
    5am will be plenty of time. That morning AA flight is the only U.S. departure at that time of day so the airport will be very quiet.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks again!

John

You will love the Flying Fishbone- beautiful Sunset and great food........

7th Trip to Aruba Sept. 15 2008 to Sept 22nd 2008.

Brian and Tina

Banned
    love the flyingfishbone. www.flyingfishbone.com

Flying Fishbones is lovely and well worth going as early as 5-5:30 PM. Specify in your reservation that you want to be as close to the water as possible if you want a front row to the ocean table although I must say that almost any table on the beach there is very nice. By the time you order your drinks and appetizers and relax before dinner, the sunset show begins - the colors begin to change in the sky and you anticipate the setting of the sun on the horizon. By the time you finish your delicious meal and you are sipping coffee and eating dessert, it will probably already be dark.
    As others mentioned, the only other place you will probably need reservations is at Madame Janette's.
    I'd like to recommend a great casual place not far from the High rise hotels - food and service are excellent and no need for reservations - try Bingo's - it is my favorite place for casual dining. Enjoy....Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl; 07-16-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Be careful if you rent a car that they are at the airport that early last year my flight was early and I had to return the car the day before.
    Next Aruba trip in