Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mosquito Milk?

Mosquito Milk?

Hi all! I'm sure this is posted somewhere, so forgive me if I failed to do a proper search. This December will be our first trip to Aruba and I was wondering if they sell Mosquito Milk (repellant) on the island? I use it all the time when we go to SXM and it works like a charm. I meant to buy an additional bottle to bring home during our last St. Maarten trip, but then forgot, so I was wondering if and where it is sold in Aruba?

Thanks in advance for your patience with this AUA newbie! This forum has been most helpful so far.

Aruba since 1979
    i used the search feature and nope...no mention of Mosquito Milk

We usually bring OFF or Old Woodsman.

Is Mosquito Milk a good repellant and does it smell ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by irish1223 View Post
    Hi all! I'm sure this is posted somewhere, so forgive me if I failed to do a proper search. This December will be our first trip to Aruba and I was wondering if they sell Mosquito Milk (repellant) on the island? I use it all the time when we go to SXM and it works like a charm. I meant to buy an additional bottle to bring home during our last St. Maarten trip, but then forgot, so I was wondering if and where it is sold in Aruba?

Thanks in advance for your patience with this AUA newbie! This forum has been most helpful so far.

It has always worked the best for us. It comes in a roll-on (like the roll-on deodorants) and you don't have to apply it all over -- just a couple of stripes up and down each limb. Smell is much more tolerable than 'Off' and a lot of other sprays, at least to my sensitive nose. Works very well. Didn't get one bite during our last 2 trips.

P.S. - thanks for checking!

Aruba since 1979
    your welcome

i had never heard of it.
    i would opt for it instead of OFF because the smell of OFF is so offensive.

thanks

Citronella Oil is a pretty effective mosquito repellent, and then there Odomos which is another very effective mosquito replant.

On our last trip to the Caribbean, I also took Natrapel Wipes (which I bought on Amazon). They contain Picaridin, but no DEET, and worked very well. The smell was quite tolerable and I liked the convenience of a wipe. Just a thought for those sensitive to DEET.

I know exactly what you are talking about, I had gotten some in SXM too! Although, I haven't needed in AUA like you do in SXM, I have purchased in the past in Aruba. I had found it all different places. We stay at the Holiday Inn, and at one time they had it there, out on Pelican Pier, and I think in the store in the Playa Linda. I would just check around when you are out and about. Good luck.

Interesting, Have a friend going to St Maarten,,,may ask for a favor !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We're big fans of this (and it smells like almonds):

https://www.jrwatkins.com/products/R...20ml%20-%20CA/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast