Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Mosquitos??

Hi, I've been visiting Aruba for the past 20 years and never
    have seen a mosquito. I heard from a recent visitor that
    there were a ton of mosquitos and don't leave home without
    bugspray. They also had a lot of rain. Is this true?

The answer to your questions is YES,YES,YES.
    The good news is, they do sell bugspray in Aruba.

joaruba,
    we were there in november right after they had that big rain storm and there was so much standing water the mosquitos were having a field day biting anything that moved.....one of the original reasons we loved aruba so much was due to the lack of bugs, that being said, you just learn to get around it now...we always go in november and that is rainy season, so.....get bug spray and drink,,,,,bug spray to help stop the bites and drinks to help forget the itching !!!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

we got home last night and even tho we brought the bug spray b/c of all the posts, there really wasn't any mosquito problems. we sprayed up before eating at restaurants in the evening that were outdoors as a precaution, but we had no issues....have fun!

My wife and I are here in Aruba now and have not seen any mosquitos as of yet. My father in law said this morning when going to get a palapa he ran into a swarm, but that was it. Maybe the problem has slowed since all the flooding. I have seen little bugs like ones that fly around beer taps, but not many of them either. As everyone already knows, the island is beautiful and we are so glad to be here. If we see some things that might look new we will post

Boy I hope there are no mosquitos, we have enough back home in the summer

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

BGP
    We just got home a few weeks ago. There were no mosquitos chasing us!

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    I was there Nov 22nd to Dec 14th.. I can honestly say I have never been so badly bittin in my life! I had bites on top of bites.
    I know it was due to the standing water and hopefully that has improved since. In 10 years of going to Aruba I had never even seen a mosquito until this last trip, and boy did those buggers make up for it! Sheeesh!
    Keep plenty of bug spray on hand.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    I am updating my husband FFgoo's earlier post. I was visciously attacked by mosquitos this past Wednesday while dining at Pam Pam. I am still itching them and I came home to Connecticut yesterday. As far as I know, my whole family was bitten some that night. So, please if you are going to be anywhere outside at night, take a nice shower in bug spray. Oh, and we learned that I am allergic to the massage oils used at the spa at my hotel (at least that is what we think it is) so I am itching like crazy right now!! Bug bites on my feet & ankles and a rash all over my body, SO not attractive and making me nuts!

Did not come across any.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast