Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Last time we were there my wife was attacked on the first day then nobody experienced any after that. But they were wicked that night!

I fully apologize in my previos statement about no mosquitos. I had not been bitten or even seen any until a little later in our week. Even though they are there, it really didn't seem that bad-just something you do not want to deal with on vacation. I think a small can 'Off' either brought from the states, or picked up in hotel lobby store should do for the week or more people stay, they are not so bad that you need to use it every night

MJN when you read this-even through all the little red bites you are still beautiful to me!

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    FFgoo-why thank you! Even in your silly little red speedo you are still handsome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joaruba View Post
    Hi, I've been visiting Aruba for the past 20 years and never
    have seen a mosquito. I heard from a recent visitor that
    there were a ton of mosquitos and don't leave home without
    bugspray. They also had a lot of rain. Is this true?

I didnt see a mosquito on the island, but I was attacked by some invisible sandflies... (Babybeach)

It was terrible but after 2 weeks the spots were gone...

There is quite a lot of Dengue (not sure of spelling) on the Island so do use that bug spray. Dengue is similar to Malaria.

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    There is quite a lot of Dengue (not sure of spelling) on the Island so do use that bug spray. Dengue is similar to Malaria.
    "Update: Dengue, Tropical and Subtropical Regions
    This information is current as of today, January 26, 2009 at 10:14

Updated: November 10, 2008
    Situation Information

Dengue fever is the most common cause of fever in travelers returning from the Caribbean, Central America, and south central Asia. This disease is caused by a virus spread through the bites of infected mosquitoes. ...
    • Look for a repellent that contains one of the following active ingredients: DEET, picaridin (KBR 3023), Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus/PMD, or IR3535. Always follow the instructions on the label when you use the repellent."

got about 100 mosquitoe bites in Aruba

We were in Aruba for 11 days, returned home, Jan 22, 2009. Have been staying in Aruba for 8 years, first time I was bitten by mosquitoes.

While having dinner at the new restaurant, across from the Radison, it is the french word for butterfly - pappion (not sure of the spelling. I was eating outside and they bit me through my clothes. I should have just gone inside.

Otherwise we love Aruba - the weather - the water it is heaven

Arubalisa;
    [*]Look for a repellent that contains one of the following active ingredients: DEET, picaridin (KBR 3023), Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus/PMD, or IR3535. Always follow the instructions on the label when you use the repellent."[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Thanks
    I'm putting bug spray on the top of my packing list, if there is a bug thats bites it will find me!

Just returned today after spending a week in Paradice. Did not see any mosquitos.

coronacathy
    We were there in November. It had rained alot earlier in the month & rained while we were there. I can honestly say we did not have any problems with bugs or bites. Not at night, not in the sand, not at all. It seems strange people who are there at the same time have different experiences.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast