Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Best repellant you can use for Aruban Mozzies is to consume large amounts of Balashi and smoke multiple Aruhiba Cigars. Do this for the first few days before venturing outside in the evening. Eventually your blood alcohol and nicotine content will be so high that the Mozzies are bombed by the time they get to your blood. This is a green solution. Mind you, there is the possibility you will need a new liver on your return from Aruba

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I have added bug stuff to the shopping list for our trip. We didn't have a problem at all last time we were there but I have a tendancy to really scratch bug bites so if I can avoid them I'm much happier!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Best repellant you can use for Aruban Mozzies is to consume large amounts of Balashi and smoke multiple Aruhiba Cigars. Do this for the first few days before venturing outside in the evening. Eventually your blood alcohol and nicotine content will be so high that the Mozzies are bombed by the time they get to your blood. This is a green solution. Mind you, there is the possibility you will need a new liver on your return from Aruba

I love it.LOL

I noticed that aerosol repellent was on the banned travel list but go ahead and pack it. However, they do sell it here and it is adding to the economy. It is cheaper that those cocktails they sell on the beach.

I now realize why they don't bother me....it's the Balashi. It hadn't dawned on me before.
    Now I can relax with that beer in my hand knowing that is why they don't bother me

We bought the pump spray Off rather than aerosol, so hopefully we will have no problem bringing that with us in our luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    I feel for you with the mosquitos.Here we have the green headed fly and when there is a west wind blowing we don't even go to the beach.They think the bug spray is meat tenderizer.
    I had heard that Avom Skin so Soft was good for those little green headed flies, maybe good for those Aruba Mosquitos also, got to ask around

Aruba since 1979
    those green heads at the beach (wingaersheek and cranes) take little chunks of skin when they bite you! i hate them.
    avon sss barely works.

Bug repellant and Sunscreen

Do spray cans of repellant and sunscreen hold up just fine on long air flights to Aruba from the States? What about lotions?
    Leaving in a week for Aruba!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teresalco View Post
    Do spray cans of repellant and sunscreen hold up just fine on long air flights to Aruba from the States? What about lotions?
    Yes they will hold up just fine on the flight.Actually I can't speak for bug spray as I never needed any.As for sunscreen....I bring quite a few large bottles of SPF 60 and still come home BLACK.Not burned so they sunscreen is working,but BLACK.

Aruba since 1979
    absolutely hold up very well
    pack in CHECKED, not carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by teresalco View Post

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast