Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Also, I would suggest that you put any type of liquids in a Zip Lock bag in your check-on suitcase just in case the can or bottle malfunctions. I had a bottle of non-aerosol hair spray leak a little once (I think the top was loose). I had it in the plastic zipper part of my suitcase so it didn't get on my clothes, but it did leave a bit of a mess.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

This is a quote from the tsa.gov website. Maybe the plastic spray ones are OK.

Aerosol insecticides - You cannot bring any hazardous aerosols, such as insecticides, in either your carry-on or checked luggage. Personal items like hair sprays and deodorants in limited quantities are allowed.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post

Aerosol insecticides - You cannot bring any hazardous aerosols, such as insecticides, in either your carry-on or checked luggage. Personal items like hair sprays and deodorants in limited quantities are allowed.
    I'm packing a plastic spray bottle of Off -- will let you know if it gets through!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Do you know how hard it is to find bug spray in the dead of winter? LOL I think we're going to wait it out and if we need it we'll buy it in Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    garden section of walmart has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to find bug spray in the dead of winter? LOL I think we're going to wait it out and if we need it we'll buy it in Aruba.

I just checked the website for "OFF" products. They have Deep Woods OFF in towelettes with 25% DEET. Has anyone used this product? At least that should be allowed in checked luggage at least. We've never had a problem in May, but May want to dine outside more this time. Better to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post

Is OFF or any other bug repellant considered an insecticide?? To me, an insecticide would be something like Raid.

Ok, was really curious about this now. According to American Airlines, this is what they had posted:Personal Care Items
    Aerosol deodorant/hair spray/insect repellent, perfume/cologne containing alcohol, nail polish
    Yes
    Only travel size toiletries (3-ounce containers or smaller) may be brought through the security checkpoint/on board the aircraft. These items must be in a clear, plastic, one-quart zip-top bag. See carry-on updates for more information.
    Items in checked baggage are limited to a total of no more than 70 ounces per passenger. Contents of each container may not exceed 16 fluid ounces

Hope this helps alittle. I would check your airline to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri T View Post
    I just checked the website for "OFF" products. They have Deep Woods OFF in towelettes with 25% DEET. Has anyone used this product? At least that should be allowed in checked luggage at least. We've never had a problem in May, but May want to dine outside more this time. Better to be prepared.
    We bought the Off towelettes to try. They were quite a bit more expensive and one towelette covered both of my legs from the knee down, then it was used up. It worked well, though, but doesn't go as far as a spray bottle.

When we ran out of towelettes, we bought a pump spray bottle of Off in the botica. Took it back with us in our checked luggage with no problem.

We picked up more here at Walmart much cheaper and plan to bring it with us on our next trip. Hopefully we won't have a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    i am updating my husband ffgoo's earlier post. I was visciously attacked by mosquitos this past wednesday while dining at pam pam. I am still itching them and i came home to connecticut yesterday. As far as i know, my whole family was bitten some that night. So, please if you are going to be anywhere outside at night, take a nice shower in bug spray. Oh, and we learned that i am allergic to the massage oils used at the spa at my hotel (at least that is what we think it is) so i am itching like crazy right now!! Bug bites on my feet & ankles and a rash all over my body, so not attractive and making me nuts!
    hi just wanted to say while bug bites would be itchy, a rash all over your body could be due to the sun . On one of my recent trips to aruba i got a litle to much sun and broke out in a rash tiny little bumps al over my body and soooo itchy.i would suggest if it does not get better in a day or two go see the doctor they put mwe a some medication in one day i felt like a new person the doctor called it sun poisin. Alos try benadrly this may help hpe you do not mind my putting my two cents in justthought it might help.
    Lorraine

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast