Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are mosquitoes a problem?

Hi all,

Since I am very allergic to mosquito bites and I am going to Aruba in March, I was wondering if there are a lot of mosquitoes in Aruba, either during the day or at night?

I ask because I went to Guadeloupe a few years ago and I was attacked when eating outdoors at night badly, but was fine for the most part during the day.

Thanks for any info!

Aruba since 1979
    it has been a tough 4 months on aruba for mosquitos.

there has been an unusual amount of rain, therefore an unusual amount of mosquitos.

but march is 2 months from now and things will likely improve.
    rainy season is over or so they tell me.
    the good weather has returned consistently and the breezes are back.
    with the good weather and hopefully much drier conditions mosquitos might not be an issue for you.

as we advise everyone........bring bug spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftpro View Post
    Hi all,

Since I am very allergic to mosquito bites and I am going to Aruba in March, I was wondering if there are a lot of mosquitoes in Aruba, either during the day or at night?

I ask because I went to Guadeloupe a few years ago and I was attacked when eating outdoors at night badly, but was fine for the most part during the day.

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.

i am also very allergic and man do they love to feast on me!!! when we went i used bug spray every night when we went out and i only got a bite here and there. i get up very early(5am) and often would go out in the mornings----bug spray then also!! not a nibble during the day.

Bringing bug spray is cheap insurance in avoiding them. I just discarded an unused can of OFF! which had been traveling back and forth to Aruba for a few years. Never needed it, but you know all about Murphy's law?

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Yes, bring bug spray. As long as you use it you should be okay. We used it mostly at night, and I only got 1 bite the whole time. Good luck, hope they stay away from you!

I am here right now and haven't even seen a mosquito!! The weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks for the info, everyone!

Also, are there any other pest problems like sand fleas or anything else to be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftpro View Post
    Thanks for the info, everyone!

Also, are there any other pest problems like sand fleas or anything else to be aware of?
    No

warcraftpro: it depends where you are staying, and the weather conditions the weeks preceding your visit b/c when the sun shines it burns and dries up everything... soon as the rainy season is over we'll be more or less mosquito free on account of the powerful wind.

btw u play wow? my hubby too... cool! welcome to Aruba in advanced.
    Last edited by Sunnyray_Aruba; 01-27-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Your online entertainment booking portal | Book a band of professional and seasoned musicians for your wedding, function or corporate event. Sample the available bands via our website: www.sunnyrayaruba.com

I will be staying at the Radisson, I think that's the hi-rise section in palm beach. What do you think of that area? Will the sun dry everything up there?

Oh cool, I don't play but my girlfriend used to haha

Thanks for the welcome!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast