Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just returned Monday the 24th after 2 weeks in perfectly sunny Aruba. I saw 2-3 mosquitoes on eagle beach at 6-6:30AM each morning. Other than that-none.

Aruba since 1979
    awesome......the island is drying up and the mosquitos are dying out!!

Gig47 - hopefully those 2-3 mosquitoes at 6am didn't bite you? And yes, glad to hear it is sunny!

Also, is weather the same on different parts of Aruba? i.e. comparing palm beach to to eagle beach to oranjestad?

Aruba since 1979
    the island is small and it could be cloudy in Ostaad and sunny on palm beach and pouring in san ncholas....then wait 10 minutes and all is clear everywhere.
    the weather moves in and out of aruba quickly.......tradewinds.

most of the time it is breezy, high 80s/low 90s, sunny/partly cloudy and humid.

very informative - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftpro View Post
    Also, is weather the same on different parts of Aruba? i.e. comparing palm beach to to eagle beach to oranjestad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the island is small and it could be cloudy in Ostaad and sunny on palm beach and pouring in san ncholas....then wait 10 minutes and all is clear everywhere.
    ...and we have been on the beach and seen people down the beach 500 yds away running for cover as a rain cloud passed over head and never feel the rain ourselves. Could never understand that whole people in wet bathing suits running out of the rain thing myself , but I digress...

Perfect example of weather conditions can be seen in these photos from right now. The photo is the airport and the others Palm beach. 5 miles apart as the crow flies.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Hi Watercraft, I'm here now and am getting bitten. Mostly on my ankles and calves so I think its from sitting on the beach with my feet in the sand watching the sunset. And it's alot of bites. Even though I haven't seen one sand flea or whatever bite me, I notice it the next day. My boyfriend doesn't have one bite. I am always the first one in any group to get bitten.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Skilz77, I will bet that it is not mosquitoes on the beach, but the No-see-ums. Irritating, but if you don't touch the bites, you will not feel them, but if you start scratching you will regret it.
    They do not carry any diseases or anything like that, so no worry if you can keep your nails from them. Otherwise, watch the sunset at a part of the beach where the winds are blowing a foot level and they will not be there ;-).

Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 02-06-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks Carsten! Will be watching the sunset from a Pier or beach bar tonight after we do the afternoon snorkel trip with Jolly Pirates!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    Skilz77, I will bet that it is not mosquitoes on the beach, but the No-see-ums. Irritating, but if you don't touch the bites, you will not feel them, but if you start scratching you will regret it.
    They do not carry any deceases or anything like that, so no worry if you can keep your nails from them. Otherwise, watch the sunset at a part of the beach where the winds are blowing a foot level and they will not be there ;-).

Carsten
    So, I guess that would be a "deadly" mosquito!!!???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast