Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979
    i still have some no seeum scabby things on my ankles from christmas.
    if i scratch them enough i might be able to keep them going til easter.
    ;-)

windy i am going to PM you tomorrow to discuss another thread that lisa and i have been back and forth on.

Sorry to ask but what is a no seeum??
    Thanks,
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    you know those little bugs that can make their way in thru screens?
    those are "no seeums"

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Lightbulb

No-see-ums is a popular name for a family of extremely small flies (hence the name), where the females are blood suckers (I will refrain from further comments on that ).

Carsten

hahaha Thank you both.
    Pat

We use OFF! FamilyCare Insect Repellent I Smooth & Dry it smells good and drys on your shin and it works. Can be found at the grocery stores in Aruba.

I too have a weird allergic reaction to mosquitoes. And they love me too. Whenever we're at a BBQ or something, everyone stands near me so they won't get bit. The bugs prefer me. I always loved Aruba because with the wind, I never had a problem with bites. The only time it was an issue was when we ate at a restaurant outdoors that was inland a little bit. I remember a post somewhere about this bug spray they sell I think at Manchebo? Something with the word tiger in it? Sorry, as usual I have many mini details while not providing the full picture, lol. Wait I think it was called Tiger Milk or Juice? Anyway, kindred souls who usually get bit SWEAR by it. I always bring OFF and hope not to use it. When we ate at MJ's last year, I stuffed dryer sheets in every pocket (a trick someone taught me when gardening), and between the sheets and the OFF, I came away relatively unscathed. Like you Andrea, if I scratch a bite it's with me for months and months.

My husband and I just got back from Aruba on 2/6, and although we didn't see any insects, my husband did get six small itchy bites. We're not sure where we were when he got bitten, because he didn't even feel them. I didn't get any bites, which is kind of surprising because I'm usually the one who attracts the biters.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Aruba now has a big Fly problem which they never had before. I have been going to Aruba for 25 years now and they are becoming over Built and understaffed. The Aruban people are wonderful unfortunately you are not dealing with Arubans. There are many more Jobs than Arubans and so many people from other countries are working and exploiting in Aruba. I have Always Loved it . I think this will be our last year. I have had the best time in my life here and I will miss it. I will be in Aruba On the 25th of Feb till Mar 11. I will treasure every minute.
    Love to All

Just got back on the 6th. I had a problem with bites in the evening/night on my lower legs. I think they were sand fleas or the like, not mosquitoes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast