Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I never feel the bugs, just the bites. Maybe they're teeny tiny mosquitoes as I never get bit on the beach. If I do get bit, it's usually a night time feeding.

one way to get relief from mosquito bites is to run very hot water, as hot as you can stand it like 5 or 6 times. its amazing but it gets rid of the itch.

toothpaste has worked for me in the past. It can't be the gel type, has to be the paste type.

Aruba since 1979
    wow i have never heard that!!!
    will have to give it a try.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arubaro View Post
    toothpaste has worked for me in the past. It can't be the gel type, has to be the paste type.

My home in Opal first, then all of the many beach's and love the food
    I have been here on the Island since November and maybe been bit 3 times at the most...

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    My doctor recommended to put clear nail polish on a mosquito bite.

When I was on Aruba, I didn't get bit during the day. And in evenings I used some Off spray before going out to dinner. Kept those critters away. At least, the little ones! Hahaha....

I also brought a bunch of Bounce (dryer sheets) with me. They don't take any room in a suitcase. I lay them around my bed, it helped a lot in case there is just one nasty mosquito in the room and would keep me awake at night.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Funny to see the various methods to use after you got bites. In many part of the world people swear to one remedy for insect bites and sunburns and pay lots of money for it........wait for it....... Aloe Vera, and guess what........Aruba is full of it ;-).

Carsten

Seriously, the dryer sheets really work. Sounds crazy, I know, but take it from a mosquito magnet. When we go out to dinner in Aruba, I tuck one or two discreetly somewhere. But you should see me when I'm gardening at home, I've got them sticking out all OVER the place - my hat, my pockets, my shoes. Thank God, no one can see me, hahaha.

Aruba since 1979
    a few years ago someone told me to take a sheet of bounce and rub it all over!!
    it worked great til this past christmas when i got a few bites, especially on my ankles.

We just got back and didn't have any problem with mosquitos...sat on the beach many a night

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234