Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mosquitos?

Mosquitos?

I just recently found out that I am pregnant, I have my annual family Aruba trip in June. I can't say I have ever had a problem with mosquitos except once at Madame Jeanette's and of course on the Renaissance private island for my wedding (but there is a habitat there so it was expected). I know Aruba got a looootttt of rain this year so not sure if that has increased the number of mosquitos.

Has anyone traveled to Aruba recently and had a problem with mosquitos?

Does anyone know if there have been any recent local transmissions?

Aruba since 1979
    i look forward to reading the replies.

i have heard 0 about any Zika in aruba in months.

what does your physician say about travel to areas that may have mosquitos?

Quote Originally Posted by Segod View Post
    I just recently found out that I am pregnant, I have my annual family Aruba trip in June. I can't say I have ever had a problem with mosquitos except once at Madame Jeanette's and of course on the Renaissance private island for my wedding (but there is a habitat there so it was expected). I know Aruba got a looootttt of rain this year so not sure if that has increased the number of mosquitos.

Has anyone traveled to Aruba recently and had a problem with mosquitos?

Does anyone know if there have been any recent local transmissions?

We have been here for eleven days and have not seen a single one.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

It depends upon where you are staying....inland, near Savaneta, palm Beach etc. Most of the high rise hotels do spray. Also, be careful with which restaurants you go to. My advice (for what it is worth) is to stop into one of the little Chinese supermarkets and buy a spray can of GO. It is less harsh than Off but works really well. There is also a kids version that is milder on the skin and also works well Either product seems to work for about 4 hours. The product is from Barbados. Great product. Strongly recommend it. Our guests have switched from Off.

if going to an outdoor restaurant use a spray. A lot of the restaurants will no longer provide it

Don't go near il de oro
    place is nicknamed "il de mosquito"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i look forward to reading the replies.

i have heard 0 about any Zika in aruba in months.

what does your physician say about travel to areas that may have mosquitos?

I have not had a chance to ask my physician yet, I will ask during my next appointment. I have a feeling I know what they are going to say :/

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    It depends upon where you are staying....inland, near Savaneta, palm Beach etc. Most of the high rise hotels do spray. Also, be careful with which restaurants you go to. My advice (for what it is worth) is to stop into one of the little Chinese supermarkets and buy a spray can of GO. It is less harsh than Off but works really well. There is also a kids version that is milder on the skin and also works well Either product seems to work for about 4 hours. The product is from Barbados. Great product. Strongly recommend it. Our guests have switched from Off.

if going to an outdoor restaurant use a spray. A lot of the restaurants will no longer provide it
    We are spending one night at the Renaissance Marina hotel and then we will be at the Marriott for the remainder of our stay. I am thinking about just sticking to that area and not adventuring out too far. Do you know if the Arawak Gardens area gets sprayed as well?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Segod View Post
    We are spending one night at the Renaissance Marina hotel and then we will be at the Marriott for the remainder of our stay. I am thinking about just sticking to that area and not adventuring out too far. Do you know if the Arawak Gardens area gets sprayed as well?

Thank you!
    Not sure if it gets sprayed. I assume not, as last time at Casa Tua at the bar and when seated we needed to ask for bug spray. They did not have any so I went up to the little supermarket and bought a can. Other patrons were asking to use my can. Several actually got up and left. This was right after the end of the rainy season. Probably a bit better now but there is still a fair amount of standing water around.

In Jan/Feb the mosquitoes were bad. I've never needed bug spray in eight years but this year I had to put it on to eat outside for quite a few dinners. I imagine your doctor is going to tell you to not risk it. And do you really want to?

I agree with act1966. There is a travel advisory in place for Zika. They tell you not to travel to Aruba if pregnant. I also was there in January and was eaten alive. Just go to the CDC web site. It was reviewed on March 10th. I am in the medical profession and have looked after microcephalic babies. They have a very poor outcome. I imagine the risk is small, but still....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast