Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Mosquitos in Aruba...??

Hey there everybody, 34 days till me and my other half set off for our first trip to Aruba...!!!!

I was wondering whether anybody could tell me what the mosquito situation is like? They seem to love my skin everywhere I go - If its bad then i'd like to be prepared (ie. maybe an extra suitcase filled with repellent ) It doesnt look very nice when you are on the beach in a bikini with big red blobs all over you!

cheers guys
    I cant wait till honeymoon in Aruba!!

Mosquitos in Aruba are a hit and miss situation. Depending on if there was recent rains, no wind, etc..
    They seem to come out first thing in the morning. 6:30 to 8:00 am and early evening. 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
    There also could be "No-seeum's"

We always take some spray with us just in case. Ling & Son's do carry sprays.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Cool I have never seen a mousquito in Aruba.

Perhaps I have been lucky, however, I have been to Aruba 4 times and I have never seen a mousquito/have never been bitten by a mousquito.

There hasn't been much, if any rain, so unless things change in the next 30 days, you should not have any mossies.

Traveling with some repellent would never hurt. However any outdoor restaurant you might be at and you're being bothered by mosquitoes, they will have repellent.

Bryan Morris

just returned from 7 beautiful days in Aruba and only saw one mosquito. It was the most beautiful place i have ever been. I am at work today and wishing i was back in Aruba. I will be planning my next vacation to Aruba very soon.
    Happy to be travelling

Just got back from Aruba last week and didn't see a single mosquito. That being said I always pack a can of bug spray just to be safe. Enjoy the island.

I have been to Aruba 5 times and I cannot recall seeing a single mosquito even during rainy times.
    Pete

Six visits in May and not one mossie. (and I am a registered resort area on mossie vacation club. They do love me.) Then we went in November when there had been a lot of October rain. Lots of mossies that time.

thanks guys for all your helpful replies!
    xx
    I cant wait till honeymoon in Aruba!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast