Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Most memorable FUN experience in Aruba

Most memorable FUN experience in Aruba

This forum needs a little more happiness. So, what's your most memorable FUN or FUNNY experience in Aruba?

Mine is being hit in the face by little jumping fish that swarmed us last year at Aruba Beach Club. Picture this, standing around in the water, chatting with new friends, enjoying the beautiful scenery, and all of the sudden a school of little tiny fish start jumping all around us and a couple actually hit me right in the face. It only last for a few seconds but the laughing lasted for months Hilarious!! Now imagine the next couple days everyone on the beach laughing and joking every time you head near the water.

Aruba since 1979
    you bet!
    we need some happiness and smiles.

our funny story was also fish related and it was my evil son and equally as evil husband being ...yes, evil.
    we were all at baby beach.
    there were that we did not know 2 couples having much difficulty snorkeling.
    the women were afraid of the fish being visible and too close and the men were just terrible with water in their masks and not getting the concept of breathing thru the snorkel.

we, paul, kevin and i were watching them for a little bit and i could not stand it, so i went over to offer my assistance.
    well, it was working out pretty well til the "evil 2" threw a few huge handfuls of frozen peas real close to these 2 couples.
    the fish not only swarmed these people, the fish were flipping around and the people got hit in the face/head by fish.
    it was miraculous though.............. they, the 4 of them ran across the surface of the water just like Jesus.

i can say with quite a lot of certainty, these folks never snorkeled again.

another funny was probaby in 1997 or 1998 at the old conucu house.
    dear son and his friend ben............they were making blow darts from the large decorative toothpicks with the cellophane decorations on the end.
    we, paul, kevin, ben and i were seated and having dinner.
    there was another couple, that were friends that happened to be there too, that we were seated near and partway thru the appetizer they invited paul and i to join them.
    we did, and left the boys to have the table and their meal "without us" . omg big mistake.
    they were only 10 feet away.

they, the 2 13 yr olds, made blow darts..using the toothpicks and straws.

our backs were to them, but the folks that we were seated with were screaming with laughter.
    they saw the whole thing happening and eventually alerted us to our child neglect.

kevin and ben had lifted a box of about 1000 of these toothpick things from the bar area and were very busy impaling indoor plants and othere things in the restaurant.
    other diners were laughing too.
    ya, we wanted to beat them, but instead they lost arcade privileges for the remainder of their trip.
    it was hysterical though.

During my second visit and stay at CPV their was this one morning when it started to rain. I'm talking downpour, there were a few kids who were still in the pool swimming around and enjoying themselves. Then their mother comes out on the porch to their room and yells, "YOU KIDS GET OUT OF THE WATER!! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S RAINING?? YOU'LL GET WET!! GET OUT OF THE POOL......NOW!!" And sure enough they got out of the pool and went to sit on the porch to wait for the rain to stop. I still crack up laughing every time I think about that.

Difficult to narrow it down to just one! The things I've enjoyed most;

When a pelican dove in for a fish just a few feet away from me. It was fun to watch him come up with a good size fish

Our first time snorkeling, off the Black Pearl, and seeing the starfish

Feeding the flamingos on Renaissance island.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahahahahaha

at CPV, during Christmas 2010, we saw an iguana fall/jump from a tree and land on an unsuspecting sunbather.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    During my second visit and stay at CPV their was this one morning when it started to rain. I'm talking downpour, there were a few kids who were still in the pool swimming around and enjoying themselves. Then their mother comes out on the porch to their room and yells, "YOU KIDS GET OUT OF THE WATER!! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S RAINING?? YOU'LL GET WET!! GET OUT OF THE POOL......NOW!!" And sure enough they got out of the pool and went to sit on the porch to wait for the rain to stop. I still crack up laughing every time I think about that.

I have a few from my most recent trip.

One afternoon myself and my two friends were floating around the lazy river at the Surf Club. There was this man floating around alone, we probably passed him 3 or 4 times and he was COMPLETELY ASLEEP. I'm talking snoring, everything. So we thought it would be funny to grab onto his float and tether his float to our crew, and have him float around with us and see what happened when he woke up. Everyone around us was laughing hysterically (as were we). We probably had him with us for a good 15 minutes before he woke up! To which he said "Oh hello, has my family been looking for me"? Um...No sir they haven't for at least 45 minutes! We all had a good laugh, and we finally released him from our group of rafts. We still crack up about it!

Our first time at "2 Fools and a Bull". Mental. Hilarious. Hysterical.

Aruba since 1979
    i wish that i had been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Our first time at "2 Fools and a Bull". Mental. Hilarious. Hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i wish that i had been there.
    me too!

One that comes to mine happened this trip. We went out on the "Big Mable" which for those that dont know is towed behind a boat and they whip you around...it can be kinda crazy. So its my wife, son and myself and my son says "we want to go really, really fast" to which my wife gives the signal to the driver...nope, slow not fast at all. Anyhow we are out on the water and all my son keeps saying is "I think I am going to die" almost the whole ride, my wife looks like she saw a ghost as she holds on for dear life and I am enjoying everyones misery, lol. So as we finish up and we are preparing to get off my son says "that was not bad at all" How things change in seconds, he will be ready the next time.

Good idea for a posting Tracey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast