Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Most memorable FUN experience in Aruba

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I never get tired of driving a 4WD pretty much anywhere I dare to go. You see things that most tourists, and probably locals, never experience.

On my fourth visit to Aruba I arrived on my birthday( 11th September)it was a Thursday and after spending close to eight hours on Curacao I finally arrived sometime close to 5:00 pm, when there was still light out to see everything on the island as the pilot brought the aircraft around for landing. That trip through immigration was the fastest ever. Before leaving the immigration counter the Immigration Officer took another look at my passport and said, "Enjoy your stay on Aruba, and Happy Birthday!!"

Without a doubt, the most fun thing I've ever done in Aruba is skydive. It's an amazing way to see the whole island at once!

Aruba since 1979
    I would say that one of our many memorable experiences was.........last November 2016.
    Our son, daughter in law and their 2 children joined us for 8 days of our 15 day stay.
    We loved every moment of it and are still recovering from it

Currently we are at their home in York Maine and we will need months of recovery

2 years ago, Playa Linda: I can't remember if I shared this before in my trip report, and I'm not sure about sharing now, but I'm among friends, right? I don't know if this is the right thread "memorable FUN", but it is very memorable, FUNNY now, or maybe this is the most "magical". Maybe this should be in a new thread "most embarrassing???

Our trip was 8 nights, so we were in one unit for 7 days and then they moved us to another unit for our last night. During our 7 nights in the first unit we spent quite a bit of time on the balcony, no key needed. For the last night, we were moved to a unit on the lowest level facing the pool (which was being renovated, so most of the deck area was roped off). After a night out, we returned to the room to shower and begin to pack about 12:30 a.m.
    After my shower, still wrapped in a towel, I took my drink to the balcony while DH showered. I was still out there when came out to the balcony to ask me a question wearing, you may have guessed it, his towel. Little did we know, the balcony doors on the lower levels AUTOMATICALLY LOCK. We were clueless until we tried to go back inside about 1/2 hour later. It's now about 1:00 a.m. Remember I said we were facing the pool deck that was being renovated and roped off? There was NO ONE around. I'm giggling, DH is not. We are contemplating him going over the railing and dropping to the ground level, but that wouldn't get him back in the room, we have no key. We waited a while figuring someone would come by. I was getting ready to spend the night sleeping in a chair, in a towel on the balcony when finally some of the employees from Azzurro were walking toward the lobby. We were able to get their attention and told them to please find security and send someone over. I think the security officer was giggling as he had to make repeated attempts to throw his master key to us while DH tried to catch it and not lose the towel.

Lesson learned???? I think a few.

Lol...oh boy, that's a memorable one for sure! Our first night this trip we have a lanai room at Playa Linda before we move up for the week, so I thank you for sharing! Our first nights get a bit of control so I hope drunken-vacation-Tracey remembers this!

The most memorable thing I did in Aruba was wipe out getting off the Tranquilo. The first mate, Dwayne, tackled me and we rolled around on the dock a couple of times. My knee was swollen, my pedicure ruined, my shins skinned, my pride in tatters, but if you have seen my saviour it was almost worth it lol!

Tough one, I have been going so many years there I have way too many to list. From starting my original travels with my best friends then getting married and starting a family and bringing them there for many years with new experiences to having my beloved mother that departed us a few years ago travel there with us many times also. Every year there are new memories made and old ones reflected on. So I do not have one that sticks out I have to many to list.....

Aruba since 1979
    hello mark!
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Tough one, I have been going so many years there I have way too many to list. From starting my original travels with my best friends then getting married and starting a family and bringing them there for many years with new experiences to having my beloved mother that departed us a few years ago travel there with us many times also. Every year there are new memories made and old ones reflected on. So I do not have one that sticks out I have to many to list.....

Hello Andrea! I hope all is weel with you and the family! Just booked my airfare today for November 24 so whenever I do that of course it gives me the itch to jump on the forum and check in with all my Aruba friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hello mark!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123