Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.

Music video shot on Aruba

Very very cool, thank you. Now dd thinks Mom is cool too. She couldn't believe I was watching Intwine on youtube.

For those who were curious like I was, did some googling to find their Aruba connection and came up with:
    http://www.aruba-zone.com/content/view/423/1/
    "Intwine a band that is based in the Netherlands but the band has special ties with Aruba. Roger Peterson, lead singer of the band is a native of the island of Aruba. After leaving the island to pursue a career in music, Roger landed a great opportunity on what is known as the Dutch "American Idol" program in which he became very famous among the Dutch entertainment industry. From that experience he moved on and formed a band, "Intwine". Aruba-Zone.com presents a short video of a presentation from last year on the island. For more information on Intwine visit their official website www.intwine.nl or check their latest album out "Pyrrhic Victory" "

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks kingpin....Great video...is that Arashi beach?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    is that Arashi beach?
    Dd and I were pretty sure it was.

Malmok, Boca Catalina, Salt & Pepper Too many to list!!

Smile

Very cool indeed!
    There is another video which was also shot in Aruba, The Band was from Boston and called "Ball and Pivot" . the song was called "Down". These guys played Electronic dance/pop/rock (for lack of a better description), and were a great band. (yes, they were friends of mine so i may be a little biased...) The video was shot in 1985 and the Aruban govt. was involved in producing it, (I believe they helped with financing, accomodations etc.) I have not seen the video in along time but a little web searching may turn up a copy. The band is no longer together, Two of the members have since passed away (RIP my friends), and the others have had successful careers in and out of the music biz. ( Tim Long , of the great swing band "Bellevue Cadillac " played keyboards.. Check them out on the web!) I am a regular visitor to Aruba, (trip # 13 coming soon) and am reminded of these great guys everytime I set foot on an Aruban beach. If I find a copy myself I will try to provide some sort of link.
    Cheers!