Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By brady bear

Thread: Must-Do for Newbies

Must-Do for Newbies

What are the absolute MUST see/do things when you bring new people to Aruba with you? I have a newbie coming with me this year and I am incredibly excited to see it all for the first time AGAIN
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    my opinion for NEWBIES is not to overbook.
    if the person is a water/ocean lover...then a snorkel sail trip would be my first and foremost activity

and if the person is not so wild about snorkel/sail, then i would recommend an island tour with Bully, in his huge aircondiitoned vehicle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    What are the absolute MUST see/do things when you bring new people to Aruba with you? I have a newbie coming with me this year and I am incredibly excited to see it all for the first time AGAIN

The submarine ride was pretty exciting for some of our group.

Baby Beach for the sun and water lovers.

I think the Lighthouse is pretty much standard issue for first timers.

The "I Love Aruba" store for trinkets and tchotchka.

Are they "foodies"?

Black Pearl for a relaxing snorkel trip. Scott's Brats for a great, inexpensive breakfast or lunch on the beach. The lighthouse. Baby Beach. There is just so much to do, we've been going for a while now and we still haven't done all of the "Must See's"...

See the island from the water via snorkel tour or sunset cruise and an island tour. Bully is an excellent resource for an island tour.

I would like to add natural pool.

My first time to Aruba we decided to do one tour with ABC Tours of the island, including the natural pool, baby beach, light house and etc.
    but the rest of the week we will just take day by day. We are there to relax and go with the flow.
    We do plan on seeing the tall ships...

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Are they "foodies"?
    This is my daughter's boyfriend coming with us and he is quite the foodie. But I was just wondering what everyone else thought of as their MUST do's We will do Jolly Pirates as always and some snorkeling on our own and Baby Beach and possibly an Aruba Bob tour. I'll probably book a Kukoo Kunuku for them.

I always get so excited to have new visitors with me. Again I just love seeing Aruba for the first time through their eyes!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    You know them better than we do. Snorkeling at Baby Beach, the gold mine ruins and natural bridge, Casibari rock formations. Maybe they would prefer the donkey sanctuary or Ostrich farm. You can always start the morning at the lighthouse, go to the old church then the ruins and natural bridge. Stop at the Ostrich farm and donkey sanctuary along the way to the rock formations. Go to baby beach after that and have a burger at big mamas and snorkel a while. It really doesn't take more than a day to do all this or break it into 2 trips. Didn't say where you are staying so be sure to show them palm and Eagle beach and Malmok and Arashi.