Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Must have/do

Must have/do

So what are some must have foods we should try while in Aruba? Also must things to do?

Aruba since 1979
    here is a tagged thread of "things to do" 3 Things you Must Do While In Aruba
    and then going to the ACTIVITIES category and read lots of activities in there. also to the CULINARY and CULTURE, and that will have lots of restaurant reviews.

in the search bar enter LOCAL food and you will be given some threads to check out.
    in the same search bar enter TOURS, enter BON BINI FESTIVAL

my real short answer is local food to try is: KESHI YENA, GOAT STEW, PASTECHI , and local beer would be BALASHI, local rum would be PALERMA.
    a thing to do is: island tour by taxi or mode of transportation that you are comfortable with (atv, jeep, air conditioned bus, horseback, taxi), bon bini festival, sunset or snorkel sail

use the search bar lots and you will get some good results from past posting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcouple View Post
    So what are some must have foods we should try while in Aruba? Also must things to do?

If I could just pick 3:
    1 - Plan a full day to just spend relaxing on the beach under a palapa. One of my favorite days was spent on the beach from 10am till an amazing sunset.
    2 - Eat some grouper - Pelicans Nest was probably our favorite from grouper fingers and grouper filet.
    3 - Jolly Pirates
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    If you want some food you don't find everywhere, go to the Paddock downtown. They have grilled pork sate' with peanut sauce. It is fabulous. I have had chicken sate' several places including a Tai restaurant here but this is the only place I have found the pork. Also agree with Tracy about the grilled grouper at Pelicans nest. It doesn't get any better. As Andrea said, the local Keshi Yena and Pastechi are very good. I have not tried goat stew. Pumpkin soup and fish soup are also popular. One thing you should do is go to Baby Beach to swim and snorkel.

My feeling is you definitely need to try the keshi yena; take a tour of the island whether by taxi or jeep and visit more beaches than just the one at your resort. Still on my to do list is to try a local restaurant in San Nicolas. We would really like to try Zeerovers and Costa Riba.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    My feeling is you definitely need to try the keshi yena; take a tour of the island whether by taxi or jeep and visit more beaches than just the one at your resort. Still on my to do list is to try a local restaurant in San Nicolas. We would really like to try Zeerovers and Costa Riba.
    Charlies bar in San Nicholas has a couple of really good shrimp dishes and the place is a hoot.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My top 3
    1. Lamb at Madame Jeannette's
    2. Snorkel cruise on Black Pearl
    3. Day at Rennaisance Private Island