Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The "My Aruba Story" Category

Aruba since 1979

The "My Aruba Story" Category

I am grateful that so many of our forum members take the time to post their "Aruba Story."

All of us are very different and sharing how we vacation/travel is wonderful.

Many of us live vicariously thru other's stories.

Also too, novice Aruba travelers learn much from the stories.

So, thank you.

The"My Aruba Story" column is my favorite part of the forum. It's a fun read and a great way to be on Aruba without actually being there. Reading them on a morning puts a smile on my face as I go through my work day; the feedback that we give and receive in return is always positive and supportive. Also the stories provide a lot of us with suggestions and ideas on things to do on our next visit, as well as keeping us aware of changes in the airport with regards to navigating through immigration even faster, in the city with regards to parking and new changes at various restaurants, shops and stuff. Keep the good times coming everyone!! Your Aruba stories are much appreciated and looked forward to.
    Last edited by vallond; 05-06-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Another fan of the My Aruba Story section here. I feel like you really get a vibe of how someone likes to spend their time. This is how we get an idea of places to try. When I read someone's report who has the same style vacation as we do, I typically try the same places they like. I like the stories better than just a singled out review with no context or nothing relative.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

My Aruba Story section is so helpful not only to newbee's like me but to others who go very freq.
    Word of mouth is the best advertisement...
    Thank you to all that take the time out of their enjoyable vacation to post to us to enjoy with them..

For those of you that post your stories, do you find it easier to do while you're
    on the island or when you get back home?
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

It's easier to write about while I'm still on the island as it's still fresh in my mind. The only part that I write about when I get home is the day of my return flight home. Gives me something to think and focus about before getting back into my normal daily routine.

Aruba since 1979
    In my case, I like to post while i am there.
    Often in the morning if Mr Sleepyhead is still snoring,I sit with my coffee and laptop or iPad.
    Also too in the evening, i am on the machine if he is shooting dice or watching something on tv that does not interest me.
    Lots of folks do like to write once they are at home, but the way I do it works for me.

I like posting in the mornings about the day before. It's definitely easier to keep track of everything when I post during the trip. I go back and read my own trip reports in the weeks just following the trip to help with the withdrawal.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I enjoy reading everyone's postings about their trip, I too get a feel for who they are and what they like. Gives us a closeness...like family...you get to know the folks you interact with on this page. Like when you meet someone at the BB or plan to meet for drinks, you don't feel as awkward as if you were meeting for the first time because you have read tons of their opinions/stories, etc...
    Just one big happy family....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I like to post while I'm there but on a few occasions after I wrote a long post either the wifi knocked me off or I got a message that I was not signed on to the forum even though I originally signed on when I started writing. I ended up starting all over and it happened quite a few times. Next trip I will post when I get back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast