Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My hair in Aruba

My hair in Aruba

This is a question for the ladies. How do you manage your hair in Aruba? This is my ninth trip to Aruba and I am still having hair issues. After swimming all day, I wash and blow dry my hair. It looks fine until I walk outside and then it frizzes up and is somewhat uncontrollable. I usually end up tying it back. Does anyone have any suggestions on products that might help me tame my hair? Leaving soon for Aruba

I can't help re preventing frizzing, as I have super fine straight hair. I always have to keep it in a pony tail with a headband because of the tradewinds. The driver of the bus that brought me to the resort said it so well - "It's always a bad hair day in Aruba."

Two products that work for me are Artec Texture line smoothing serum. Just google it. Another good one is Osis magic anti-frizz serum available at Beautyclicks.com -- use them both together before drying hair. Gloria at Maggies at Herencia mall does a fantastic blowout and straightening.....

Aruba since 1979
    HAIR SPRAY
    seriously.

I have short hair and i throw a leave in conditioner in and what will be will be.

Aruba Amy has magnificent hair and she SWEARS that enough hair spray works wonders.

i hope she posts her technique.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    I usually end up tying it back.
    Dd has long curly hair. Tying it back has been her only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    HAIR SPRAY
    seriously.

I have short hair and i throw a leave in conditioner in and what will be will be.

Aruba Amy has magnificent hair and she SWEARS that enough hair spray works wonders.

i hope she posts her technique.
    andrea
    Yep, HAIR SPRAY! LOL!! I use Finesse hair spray in Aruba and it does the trick. I have very fine hair that goes flat in humidity so I can't help you with the frizziness question. I also do not wash my hair every day in Aruba (shhhhh!)....it's just too fine (my hair sylist told me not to wash it every day and he was right.) I use a little Aveda gel when my hair is wet, blow it dry, tease it a little (another tip from the stylist), smooth it down, and then spray the h*ll out of it with hair spray - seriously, it works (works for me anyway. ) I do put my hair "up" alot in Aruba, too, with clips - it's always "up" for the beach or activities. If the wind isn't too bad, I might wear it down at night (if it's too windy it has to go up otherwise I'm literally "eating" it all night and it doesn't really taste that good with dinner or Amstel Brights. )
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Aruba since 1979
    i pay attention don't i?

ever since i met amy online and then finally a few years ago in person, i marveled and envied her hair.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Yep, HAIR SPRAY! LOL!! I use Finesse hair spray in Aruba and it does the trick. I have very fine hair that goes flat in humidity so I can't help you with the frizziness question. I also do not wash my hair every day in Aruba (shhhhh!)....it's just too fine (my hair sylist told me not to wash it every day and he was right.) I use a little Aveda gel when my hair is wet, blow it dry, tease it a little (another tip from the stylist), smooth it down, and then spray the h*ll out of it with hair spray - seriously, it works (works for me anyway. ) I do put my hair "up" alot in Aruba, too, with clips - it's always "up" for the beach or activities. If the wind isn't too bad, I might wear it down at night (if it's too windy it has to go up otherwise I'm literally "eating" it all night and it doesn't really taste that good with dinner or Amstel Brights. )

Lindon,

I know exactly what you mean, however, i do the best I can , than i use clips, a big one and couple of little ones. A couple of years ago I went to Vegas, my hair wanted to stay there, it was perfect all the time

I have short naturally curly hair that frizzes when I think of humidity. My solution is BioSilk. Its a "leave in" very light serum that you apply after towel drying your hair. Then style as usual. Helps with the frizzies in hot and humid NJ and as well in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i pay attention don't i?
    Yes, you do!

I will have to admit that it took me years in Aruba to figure out what to do with my hair. I went through many "styles" and clips the first couple of years trying to figure it out.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast