Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My husband and I first went to Aruba as part of a cruise destination. My girlfriend and her husband were with us and we were tired of the tour packages with the cruise and so decided to just rent a jeep tour ourselves.......The first thing we noticed was the tradewinds and the sand in our faces on the beach. The second thing we noticed was the lack of people trying to braid our hair,or well us bracelets or seashells or whatever.....We had lunch at a local restaurant and everyone seemed so nice we decided to give it a real try the next year and stay a week.....HOOKED !!!!! We loved it so much we bought that year and have been going every year since.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I'm surprised CindyO hasn't beaten me to this list. First visit December 1997 for 10th Anniversary and belated second honeymoon. Were supposed to go alone but changed mind and took the two girls (then 4 and 5). Went to the "Sonesta" (now Renaissance). The rest is history! Three timeshares and eleven years later, Aruba keeps us going year round as we now have friends with a total of 14 timeshares and we travel together every April! Celebrated 20th Anniversary this year in Aruba.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I hope you remember us, my wife and I talked with you about Pork Italians in Philadelphia this week @ Charlie's Bar. We have just ordered your book and hope to be able to have you sign it @ Doylestown Sept. 5. We would rather be at the book signing in Aruba....but Doylestown will have to do. We are looking forward to reading it.

rcabata,

I never forget a food conversation. That was a lot of fun. Enjoy the book and see you in Doylestown, (if I survive this stay in Aruba.)

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

My first time was in 1990 - with my now ex-husband as well. We had a terrible charter flight to aruba from boston and stayed at the bushiri beach club. It was all inclusive with one restaurant and the hotel undergoing renovations. It was not a pretty site. We had three full days of rain and was told it never rains!! Luckily we took a cab to the high rise district and was much happier there hanging around the beach as ours had buldosers on it!! On the way home the same terrible charter flight an engine caught on fire and we made an emergency landing in miami. I came back to aruba for the second time in 2007 with by boyfriend of 10 years and feel abosultely in love - got engaged there - and came back this year as well. Counting the days to we return!!! I think i had the same devine intervention as arubalisa!!

Joanie a

I love these types of threads!

Our first time to Aruba was in 1988 for our honeymoon. After that trip, we continued to talk about going back. We then had children, and knew that the reality would be that we would have to wait. Then, in 2003 for my 40th birthday (I'm still only 30 though! ) he surprised me with a trip to Aruba.

It was wonderful...so many things had changed and it was tough even remembering being there 15 years prior. We have since made it "our" yearly trip without the kids who are now 16 and 13. After the trip in 2003, we went in 2004, 2005, 2007 and this past March. I have toyed with so many other ideas - the Dominican, Turks and Caicos, etc., but just can't get myself to go to another desitination right now since Aruba seems so right and we feel so much at home. God willing, we hope to continue to return every year...college coming up in 2 years for my son may make that difficult though. My husband claims he would sleep in a tent on the beach just to get there!

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    My first time to Aruba was with my family and two friends. We had an amazing time! This past August I went on my honeymoon. It was a blast! My husband had never been outside the US so it was a wonderful experience for him. We flew in during a horrible storm, multiple waterspouts spotted as we were circling the airport. Spent the week sleeping in, snorkleling, exploring the island, getting a killer tan & the nights dancing on the Tattoo & Kukukanu as well as meeting great people from around the world. The night before we were to fly home, Hurricane Felix was descending on the island! It was interesting to see everyone battening down the hatches in preparation. We awoke the next morning hoping to hear that our flight was cancelled and we could spend another day in paradise, but alas our flight was still on. We went to the airport with the help of a great taxi driver & his daughter, pried open the airport doors and waited for our flight. Ours was the only plane there! I even cried a little while waiting to board for I did not want to leave such an enchanting place. We are going back in January 09 with my family, we have been counting down the minutes practically!

haven't been anywhere but Palm Beach - looking forward to exploring.

Smile I'm back!

First trip to Aruba was also with ex-hubby back in July of 1978 - I had a great time although it rained for 24hours which of course never happens in July - We stayed at the Sheraton. I believe the only 2 thing my ex took away from this wonderful island a was a few $$ from the Craps table and the fact that you can put Gouda cheese on a burger - hmmm ex!
    Arnie and I will be at the Hyatt in 112 days which is Nov. 14th. This will be my 4th trip and his 1st. Can't wait to get back and share this paradise with someone special.
    The last time I was there we were watching the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake half time show on a BIG screen oceanside with an umbrella drink!
    Last edited by Joycee; 07-25-2008 at 06:20 PM.

We went to Aruba the first time in 1996 on our honeymoon. We took Air Aruba and we were so excited about getting off the plane on the tarmac and feeling the warm air right away! It was November and raining in NJ when we left. We took the shuttle that came free with our all inclusive at the Americana ( now the Occidental)..we stopped at every hotel on the way, and said next time we would take a cab...so I guess we were hooked right away. I couldn't believe the color of the water!! Even though someone else was in the first room we got, and the Meineke muffler convention was going on... we fell in love with everything! The views, the people, the sunsets, and snorkeling...LOVE. We went back a few years later and stayed at La Cabana in a time share, than a few more years and stayed at Sunset Studio Apartments, and again this year at the studios. We got back June 23rd and I just can't get Aruba out of my mind...I am dying to book our next trip and DH feels the same way. Every time we go it is like our honeymoon all over, and the time away is harder and harder.

Junior Member Sittin'UnderAPalmTree's Avatar
    Reading all these stories made me smile... had to post my own.

It was 1994 and I was 13 the first time I went to Aruba. It was the first time I had traveled to an island and as soon as I saw that water, I fell in love. Luckily, my parents did too and bought a timeshare at the Costa Linda.

In 2003, I brought my boyfriend (now husband) along and he was hooked too. So much that the next year, he took me back and proposed while we were there! Of course, we honeymooned there (we didn't even consider any place else) in 2006 and we're finally going back in a few weeks. Can't wait!!
    Toes in sand & drink in hand in
    *ERiN*

Been to 13 caribbean islands, Hawaii, and Mexico, but ARUBA is still my FAVORITE!
    Aruba (8x) Puerto Rico Dominica Dominican Republic
    Antigua St. Barth's St. Maarten (2x) Virgin Gorda
    Jost Van Dyke Tortola St. Thomas Norman Island
    Barbados St. Kitts Cozumel Playa Del Carmen
    Cancun (4x) Hawaii

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast