Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need ideas for 50th anniversary

Matthews Beachfront at Casa del Mar was good too. My husband described his filet as "melt in your mouth". It's beachfront, but you don't have to be on the sand if you don't want to. It's a nice sunset setting. I would prefer it over Passions. Quinta del Carmen gets the nod for food, you really can't go wrong with either of those in my opinion.

Matthews may lack the romance factor, I'm not sure.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Do not hesitate.... March yourself right into Quinta Del Carmen.
    ambience, food, service top notchAttachment 3571Attachment 3572Attachment 3573Attachment 3574
    i agree with Cindy... I wrote specifically about the steak at QDC here:

Quinta Del Carmen - February 25 2015 - PART 2

For a romantic evening, in my opinion nothing compares
    with old man and the sea...

Complete privacy, only 3 tables? stunning setting, on the water, music playing. lots of SINATRA!!!
    Tough beating this place...

Tracey, I think Matthews has a bit of a romantic vibe, especially at sunset Love the huge chandeliers and rattan chairs. They do a mouthwatering filet. Just make sure you are seated away from the bar and the happy hour crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tracey, I think Matthews has a bit of a romantic vibe, especially at sunset Love the huge chandeliers and rattan chairs. They do a mouthwatering filet. Just make sure you are seated away from the bar and the happy hour crowd.
    We always go to dinner so early that I cant always get a vibe for that sort of thing. Early dinner means no reservations needed most places and we eat early at home too so its not a big deal to us. Sometimes its hard to get a feel. For example at both QDC and Papiamento an early reservation meant a private dining area for us, but we missed out on the candles and white lights that add ambiance.

Mathews is within walking distance of the Divi, so while we generally eat out early (6:00) we tend to go to Matthews a little later. They have torches lit and with the sunset it has a nice vibe.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Agree that Matthews in a really nice place to eat, great friendly service and ambience. We really do enjoy thst place!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Mathews is within walking distance of the Divi, so while we generally eat out early (6:00) we tend to go to Matthews a little later. They have torches lit and with the sunset it has a nice vibe.

Without knowing your budget I am hesitant to recommend them but for an unforgettable evening I would recommend Morningstar cruise. Great memories and food.
    http://www.morningstararuba.com

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Squan66 View Post
    Without knowing your budget I am hesitant to recommend them but for an unforgettable evening I would recommend Morningstar cruise. Great memories and food.
    http://www.morningstararuba.com
    I just checked that out. it is a little pricey but looks to be worth it. Bigger problem is a couple of the guests tend to get sea sick so that would be a huge consideration. We never budget on vacation anyway. If we decide we want to do something or buy something, we do. Some people think we are budgeting all the time because we eat breakfast and lunch in most days and stay in timeshares. The reason we do this is because we LIKE to stay in timeshares and we LIKE to eat breakfast on the balcony most days. If it saves money, that is great. We seldom cook dinner in our room. The only time we do is if we fix a shrimp boil. We enjoy our dinners out. Thanks for the site, will run it by the others but don't think all will go for it. Thinking seriously about Flying Fishbone. We have never been there in all our trips. Also considering Quinta Del Carmen. All 4 of us have been to MJs and Matthews many times. This will be 4th trip for sis and bil.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I just checked that out. it is a little pricey but looks to be worth it. Bigger problem is a couple of the guests tend to get sea sick so that would be a huge consideration. We never budget on vacation anyway. If we decide we want to do something or buy something, we do. Some people think we are budgeting all the time because we eat breakfast and lunch in most days and stay in timeshares. The reason we do this is because we LIKE to stay in timeshares and we LIKE to eat breakfast on the balcony most days. If it saves money, that is great. We seldom cook dinner in our room. The only time we do is if we fix a shrimp boil. We enjoy our dinners out. Thanks for the site, will run it by the others but don't think all will go for it. Thinking seriously about Flying Fishbone. We have never been there in all our trips. Also considering Quinta Del Carmen. All 4 of us have been to MJs and Matthews many times. This will be 4th trip for sis and bil.
    I have never been, but we were told that Flying Fishbone tables were "uncomfortably close together" You can kind of see it if you look at photos on their site.

Morningstar looks amazing, it's out of our budget though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast