Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp
    At&t is $1.99 a minute and you must have your phone activitated for International calling. 3 G works excellent in Aruba, better than here in the boonies of Georgia. BUT, if you are going to be making frequent calls to the US, Aruba Fastphones is a better deal.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    At & t works fine if u have the international plan for that #, no extra cost there. I too utilized it for work and it worked out to be about a dollar a minute.....not too bad.

I actually suggest buying a cheap phone since you vacation there all the time. It will save you in the long run because you wont have to pay the rental cost. I think my phone was around 70 dollars. Its just a cheap Nokia from Digicel. When I go back all I have to do is put minutes on it.

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts.............i know now there is no interest in renting/buying/borrowing a phone

that being said
    your girls are now at the age where they are going to be leaving the resort as most teens do.
    imo a phone for them to share would be a good thing

we did the phone thing with kevin and although he did not roam far, we were able to communicate and not be too anxious

just my opinion
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my thoughts.............i know now there is no interest in renting/buying/borrowing a phone

that being said
    your girls are now at the age where they are going to be leaving the resort as most teens do.
    imo a phone for them to share would be a good thing

we did the phone thing with kevin and although he did not roam far, we were able to communicate and not be too anxious

just my opinion
    andrea
    Thanks Andrea.....

We actually have a two-way "walkie-talkie" type radio that we bring....it's either that or two phones
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    it's either that or two phones
    Are you renting a car this year? Royal gives you a "free" phone I think you just have to buy the minutes. MY FIL used it to keep in touch with his "worker bees" while in AUA and had no problems.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I rent with Fastphones. Bell Canada is either too expensive or won't work here. Plus, I don't want to ruin my phone from the sand, etc.

$50 a week gets you a phone rental and approx. 84 minutes of talk time (local and long distance). Anyone can call you as incoming are free. You can purchase additional minutes for approx. $15 for one hour of talk time.

We like the phone, not just for the obvious reasons, but our kids go out on their own at night and it gives them a way of keeping us informed of their wereabouts.
    I'm liking this idea....RObo??

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I'm liking this idea....RObo??
    I'm not liking the idea at all. When kids are out, I'm out of the room too. I would need two phones.

I don't want two phones. I don't have anyone back home I want to talk to.....anyone I want to talk with will be in Aruba....without a phone! I don't go to Aruba to talk on the phone
    ......or go to the drive-in
    ......or go to the movies
    ......or watch TV
    ......or sleep late
    ......or read books

Sorry!

Two weeks, two phones, $200. Nope!

My company would get me a phone....to talk work....no, thanks. I'll stick with 11:00 PM and 5:30 AM e-mails.
    Last edited by rob o; 03-09-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Are you renting a car this year? Royal gives you a "free" phone I think you just have to buy the minutes. MY FIL used it to keep in touch with his "worker bees" while in AUA and had no problems.
    We rent with Royal but prefer to get our own phone, especially with the minutes included. We give the kids the phone at night and they can call us at the hotel or if we are out we use the restaurant phone and call them.

We also find it very handy in dealing with the restaurants. Concierge is always busy and very frustrating so this gives us our own ability to deal with things.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I hope you know I'm having fun with this.....and I thank all of you for your help.

But, I still don't want a phone. I really mean it when I say I enjoy the freedom of being "phoneless".

Am I the only one who doesn't want a phone?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast