Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Any Aruba beach...
    I can sympathize. The one year we didn't get to Aruba was heartbreaking.

Hi Roadstar:

I, unfortunately, am among those that will not be able to visit "Paradise" this year. The economy, as many already have found out, is one of the major factors; but, in addition, in order to attend a Family Reunion in September at Virginia Beach, Virginia, I just cannot afford both.

There is a huge ray of light, however, since I am planning to go back to Aruba for two weeks next year...rather than one...and am really looking forward to my return. If "absence makes the heart grow fonder," then I will really enjoy my two weeks next year.

Don't be too upset; think of your next trip with much anticipation.

All beaches / downtown / lighthouse area
    Thanks everyone, for the great thoughts and suggestions. I did briefly consider just booking the trip, but remembering how long it took for the scars on my back to heal the last time I made a big decision on my own......
    Due to work constraints, we can only take a maximum of two weeks holidays a year, and they can NOT be consecutive. In fact, in our 31 years of marriage, we've never had a two week holiday - something that we'll hopefully be able to do upon retirement.
    We take 1 week up north at our timeshare - we consider it as a cottage, and then 1 week is usually down south.
    So, we try to make it a "complete" holiday, no cooking, cleaning, mixing drinks etc - we go to an AI for pure enjoyment ( I guess that's what it'd be like to win a lottery ....).
    The senior partner in our equal relationship (geez I hope she doesn't read this) has already given me the task list of things that need to get done, since we won't be going away, so it's obviously a closed matter.
    However, however, there's always next year, and, if everything goes right, could it possibly be the first-ever, two-week vacation ????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12