Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need some tips - 2nd trip, this one with spoiled early teens

Question Need some tips - 2nd trip, this one with spoiled early teens (JK!)

Hello all!

This post could go under many different topics (this one, food, activities), so I'm putting it here.

We are going to be on the island in just a few weeks for 10 days and we want to do some of the things we already have done, but some new. Beach time is #1, north end self guided ATV ride, snorkel tour, the 4 million steps thing, natural pool, some new restaurants for kids who don't like fish (I know, I know...).

Here is where I need help with ideas:
    1. ATV / UTV rental. We used Justin's last year, seemed to work out fine. Open to suggestions though since a UTV would be best. Justin's charges $300 for 4 hours.
    2. A non-boozing snorkel tour that won't break the bank. Most of the places I can remember seem to be really expensive for what you get when the price is x4.
    3. A way to see the natural pool and do the steps. I'm not sure we are ride on a tour people, we like to march to our own drummer most of the time.
    4. Places to eat for family dining? Last year we did Madam J, and others... but I don't want to drop $250 for every eat out meal (we have a condo at M Ocean Club, so many nights will be home cooking).
    5. Other ideas to entertain the kiddos?

Actually our kids are awesome at 13 & 14 and very mature. We had such an awesome time last year, we are nearly doubling our stay and bringing them on a trip our parents never would have done when we were kids (hence majorly spoiled).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Sidefly
    Last edited by Sidefly; 05-04-2017 at 02:44 PM.

You're at the Oceans Club, so I'll address the restaurants nearby. In no particular order the following places are close and would be good for economical family meals:

Legends
    Barneys
    Local Store
    Bingo
    Casa Tua
    Salt and Pepper
    MooMba
    Dushi Bagel
    Scott's Brats

As for snorkel tour, my family loved the Jolly Pirate. It was a lot of fun and the day we went there were certainly folks drinking, but it didn't feel like a "booze cruise".

Don't forget Bugloe for fun out on the pier. The joy ride band plays on Tuesdays I believe and that could be fun. The Jolly Pirate is an excellent idea, everyone will enjoy that one just go on the earlier trip and you will have lots of families.

There is also a go-cart track on the island. When my son turns 8 (min age) over our Xmas trip we will be going there several times.

You should check out Roadrunner for a UTV, they have 4 seaters. I have no personal experience with them, but they do get good reviews and we would likely try them if we were looking for a utv. http://www.arubaatv.com/yamahawolverine.html

If your kids are animal lovers, you could always go check out Philips Animal Garden.

The kids may also enjoy riding the tube rides behind boats on the beach, I think its usually about $15 per person. There is also a water trampoline and slide park near Surfside Beach. Here are some pictures of it https://www.facebook.com/BatiBlekiBu...93240120757645

Aruba since 1979
    I too recommend the water obstacle course at Surfside!!

the go kart place is about 100 yards to the south of Lings.
    my son and i found it once a few years ago.

Your children are blessed, not spoiled.
    We all want our children to have more opportunities than we had.
    They will want their children to have more opportunities than they had....and so on.

Our boys were a little older when we took them 14 and 16 in Dec of 2007. We did the Atlantis submarine tour, gold mine ruins, ostrich farm, and rented a jeep to go on the north side. We drove around the island and got lost but they got to see how people live on the island. We also went to Hooiberg, Natural Bridge, and Baby Bridge. As far as the catamaran, I think they do not change as much for kids under age.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubabob.com

check out aruba bob snorkeling!!

See what DePalm has to offer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I too recommend the water obstacle course at Surfside!!

the go kart place is about 100 yards to the south of Lings.
    my son and i found it once a few years ago.

Your children are blessed, not spoiled.
    We all want our children to have more opportunities than we had.
    They will want their children to have more opportunities than they had....and so on.

Yes, agreed! I was only kidding!

Thanks everyone, please keep the ideas coming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast