Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Edronenburg

Thread: Neighberhood dogs

Neighberhood dogs

My wife and I are in Aruba right now for a 3 week vacation. This is our 5th trip here in 6 years. We usually stay at a resort but decided to see the island from a residents view point so we rented a house in Palm Beach area. We love the house and are enjoying the trip but some of the neighbors dogs do nothing but bark all night long. One of the neighbors has at least 4-5 dogs and they bark almost nonstop every night.

Is this accepted as part of their living? I mean how do people put up with this constant barking every night? I know dogs are going to bark but this is rediculous. I have to say they are ruining my island experience. Is there not some type of ordinance for disturbing the peace?

If I crank the stereo full blast all night I'm sure someone would complain, am I right or not. What would be the proper way to handle this situation as I have a week and a half left on my vacation but almost feel like leaving now due to the constant barking at night.

Aruba since 1979
    That is unfortunate

U could ask the property manager about the concern?
    That seems to me a legitimate complaint but I am sure nothing can be done.
    We had similar issues one yr w neigborhood roosters when staying inland in Noord a yr or 2 ago

Quote Originally Posted by silntrunin View Post
    My wife and I are in Aruba right now for a 3 week vacation. This is our 5th trip here in 6 years. We usually stay at a resort but decided to see the island from a residents view point so we rented a house in Palm Beach area. We love the house and are enjoying the trip but some of the neighbors dogs do nothing but bark all night long. One of the neighbors has at least 4-5 dogs and they bark almost nonstop every night.

N Is this accepted as part of their living? I mean how do people put up with this constant barking every night? I know dogs are going to bark but this is rediculous. I have to say they are ruining my island experience. Is there not some type of ordinance for disturbing the peace?

If I crank the stereo full blast all night I'm sure someone would complain, am I right or not. What would be the proper way to handle this situation as I have a week and a half left on my vacation but almost feel like leaving now due to the constant barking at night.

I, for one, would think there would be some kind of ordinance..."An anti-nuisance Ordinance." Perhaps, one should check with the police; if you are not worried about having a problem with management for future stays.
    Ed
    Last edited by Edronenburg; 05-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.

I would think there should or would be some kind of ":Anti-noise or nuisance ordinance." I would check with the police if you are not worried about having present or future problems with the property management. Just a suggestion.

Ed

There is an ordinance, but hard to get enforced. We had a very bad situation a few years back. WE made constatnt calls to the Polis who claimed there was little they could do about it. In fact 1 officer suggested my wife " shoot the F****ing dog" We did enlist the support of Animal Welfare and eventually through our calls and their efforts the police visited the owner. Problem solved immediately.

Hope this may work for you.

Remember you cannot go onto the dog owners property to complain or that could land you in very hot water

A