Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A NEW Aruba Book...by member "Scubadiver"

Aruba since 1979

A NEW Aruba Book...by member "Scubadiver"

[SIZE="4"]Hooray hooray.
    a NEW book........... ARUBA ARIBA

will be available JULY 11
    super cool

SCUBADIVER, one of our forum members is the esteemed author.

Woo Hoo.

The CEO of the Aruba Tourism Authority, Ronella Croes has written a few good words as a forward.

If any of you are facebook please give a LIKE to Aruba Ariba.

It is my understanding it is an "aerial" view book of Aruba.

facebook Like Link......https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARUBA...34835563/SIZE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    I bet this would be an ideal coffee table book.
    It'd make a great gift.

description from the facebook site
    Description
    Aruba Ariba will take you on a flight around the island, unveiling some of her most beautiful hidden secrets, far away from the hotels and shops, which make Aruba so unique in the world.

Our scenic flight follows the shoreline, with a fly-by over the hotels, to the lighthouse, from where we dive into the colorful, unspoiled, rough and dramatic side of Aruba.
    Along the journey the stories in Aruba Ariba explain what to look out for. As a result you’ll discover the secrets that make this Happy Island so special to all of us.

Aruba Ariba its in my hands! Yessss.

I have it in my hands Andrea!!

I am really thrilled. Wilma brought me the first copy by 'safe hand' from the continent. (To have it finally in my hands is so nice...)

The 3 pallets with Aruba Ariba books (rest of our savings) are on a "cruise" from the printer to Aruba... like you wrote, on the 11th the launch will be done at the Divi all incl hotel. That is the next and final mile stone.

My wife ( Edmee) and I just flipped through it for the 100th time While Edmee was pregnant and needed more rest, I worked manny nights in a row to finished what now is Aruba Ariba! And then.. Edmee and I had our little baby boy. Vinn, born 31 03' will post a picture of him!

People on Aruba know that I am not a real author (still does not feel that way although to book printed looks better that I could dream of!) This is my first book and it took me a lot of work to make it as complete as it is now. The real Aruba! Not only pictures from beaches or stories to sell attractions to tourist.

I had this idea for many years and never saw someone professional filling this gap. I liked the idea of making a special Aruba book so I bought the best camera I could pay, learned, and learned (and am still learning) and made this book in the last 5 months.

Now the next part to get it in the shops... but I am not in a hurry.
    Just very happy it is done. You should know to that part of the proceeds go to Fundacion papiamente (you know them) they have a new project to stimulate our youngsters to read from the earliest age possible.
    They do a fantastic job. I will make some pictures of the book and upload some images on my profile to show you Andrea. If people do not buy the book but like it I am happy anyway. On Face book I got over a hundred likes from a lot of people I do not know. That made me a quit little boy again ;-)

ARUBA ARIBA, It is done! You know what it means? Aruba from Above. Did that because it has lots of aerial pictures, which give you a much wider perspective of Aruba. I will post some of the pictures later Andrea. People are free to use them.

Happy weekend to all Aruba lovers! .

Edmee and Theo

Andrea - can't seem to open the facebook link .... ?? Help! Thanks.

Aruba since 1979

I see what you mean EHampite.

The link Andrea mentioned earlier seemed to be cut of because of it's length. It is on Face book and could be found by searching for the book "Aruba Ariba" (- an areal view of one happy island-)

That will redirect you to the right page. maybe I should see if someone can make a little web site for me about the book? I don't know yet.. what do you think?

At the Aruba Ariba site you can also check the fundacion papiamente. It is a welfare organization and they should get some promotion, they help to protect the culture of Aruba by stimulating the use of Papiamente.

They do a good job!

Cheers!

Theo

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

Above my comment Andrea reposted the right link! ;-)

Cheers!

Theo

Aruba since 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Thanks, Andrea, for reposting. Got it now!

Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
    ... The 3 pallets with Aruba Ariba books (rest of our savings) are on a "cruise" from the printer to Aruba... like you wrote, on the 11th the launch will be done at the Divi all incl hotel. That is the next and final mile stone.

Now the next part to get it in the shops... but I am not in a hurry.
    Edmee and Theo
    Scubadiver - in what shops do you expect to be selling this book? Looks like a fabulous book and one that I will be on the lookout for on our next trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast