Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A NEW Aruba Book...by member "Scubadiver"

good question

That is a good question. I am currently looking for shops who are interested in selling the book. Next monday I will hand the first copy to Ronnella Croes the CEO of ATA. I have invited quite some managers from shops to introduce the book to them at the reception.

Beside this I am currently writing e-mails to apartment owners etc. to make myself known. Aruba seems small but To reach out with a new book needs to be done proper. So we have a nice kick off and a piece in the papers, some posters, flyers etc. when shop owners heard about the book it is easier to sell it to them. I hope the book will also sell it selves because people find it a nice book.

The price I keep as low as possible to make it affordable for everybody to buy it. about 21 USD per book. (144 pages color, exclusive hard cover etc..)

Exciting times!! where do you stay in Aruba normal wise? Could make sure you have a signed copy waiting for you ;-)

Have a great 4th of july all!!

Theo

Aruba since 1979
    a good place to sell would be in the shops near the departure gates at the airport.
    that book, imo would make a great souvenir!

Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
    That is a good question. I am currently looking for shops who are interested in selling the book. Next monday I will hand the first copy to Ronnella Croes the CEO of ATA. I have invited quite some managers from shops to introduce the book to them at the reception.

Beside this I am currently writing e-mails to apartment owners etc. to make myself known. Aruba seems small but To reach out with a new book needs to be done proper. So we have a nice kick off and a piece in the papers, some posters, flyers etc. when shop owners heard about the book it is easier to sell it to them. I hope the book will also sell it selves because people find it a nice book.

The price I keep as low as possible to make it affordable for everybody to buy it. about 21 USD per book. (144 pages color, exclusive hard cover etc..)

Exciting times!! where do you stay in Aruba normal wise? Could make sure you have a signed copy waiting for you ;-)

Have a great 4th of july all!!

Theo

Theo - we have a town home at Gold Coast and expect to be there late September or early October. Would love to get a signed copy of your book to keep at our place for our guests!

Aruba since 1979
    Ronella Croes (ATA CEO) and our member SCUBADIVER.

the book is out and would make a great souvenir.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A NEW Aruba Book...by member "Scubadiver"-263770_191361290918684_185525834835563_475691_7532777_n.jpg  

ARUBA ARIBA -An aerial view of “One Happy Island”

Hi,
    This book looks awesome! Can it be purchased anywhere in the US? I have tried to google it and cannot loate it anywhere!

Thanks
    Georgiann

Dear Mike,

Not yet in the USA through the internet.. But if you drop me an e-mail. I will make sure you get it.

I'll send you a personal e-mail ;-)

Cheers everybody!

Theo

Hi,
    I would love to receive one of your books. I new to this community and I need to write some more posts before I can send you a personal email.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i sent a private message to you and scubadiver and he can rply to you giving you book purchase info.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothergoddyss View Post
    Hi,
    I would love to receive one of your books. I new to this community and I need to write some more posts before I can send you a personal email.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Aruba since 1979
    It is official!
    Prime Minister Mike Eman comments about ARUBA ARIBA
    -PRESS RELEASE -

In the presence of various special guests, yesterday the book ‘Aruba Ariba’ has been presented to the press. The book was launched by handing the first copy to the figurehead of Aruba, Mrs Ronella Croes (CEO of ATA), who also wrote the preface. ‘Aruba Ariba’ is the debut of Theo Knevel and he made it a contemporary book with many illustrative photo graphs. On each page an aerial photograph is accompanied with smaller detailed photographs with some description and interesting local anecdotes. The main goal of the book is to present Aruba as it is in everyday life, including the refineries and rum shops. The author did not search for extremes, but focussed on the beautiful nature and authenticity of Aruba.

As he lives on Bonaire, he had the chance to visit Aruba frequently over the past 20 years. Hence, as an experienced ‘Aruba tourist’ he knows all the places that give Aruba its unique character. The partners who have made the production of the book possible, where specially thanked and seemed to be very pleased with the end result. Mrs Lyanne de Boujon (of the distributor Van Dorp & de Wit) mentioned that there is a great market for books such as ‘Aruba Ariba’ and that they are delighted that there finally is such a complete overview. The book is for sale for a special low price so everybody can afford it. This was made possible with the financial help of many loyal local partners. Part of the proceeds of the book sale will go to the BUKI BUM project, the new project of the ‘Foundation Papiamente’ to promote reading aloud to children.

At the reception, the foundation already received the first contribution to the BUKI BUM project. Van Dorp & de Wit are hoping that many books will be sold and that they can contribute in that way much more to the BUKI BUM project. After the festive book presentation and reception, Theo Knevel took his time to sign the books which were purchased already.

‘Aruba Ariba’ is for sale at the bookstore and also from most hotels and kiosks and Hotels and Kiosks can acquire the books at Van Dorp & de Wit.

END PRESS RELEASE--

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    I got the book!!! I bought it in the Renaissance shopping Mall in a little sundry shop right next to the starbucks. What a great souvenir, and what a unique view of the island. Now anytime I need an Aruba shot of happy I can just flip through my book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast