Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Aruba.com website

I thought it was definitely time for an update of the old forum as it was really a combination of two of the websites versions if people remember. However, I do agree that the colour scheme is dull/very grey. Memories of the ocean is actually turquoise not grey. Picture above of the Fisherman's pier is what I view on my trips to Aruba but the picture is really not the best. What about the beautiful sunsets rather than the clouds?? This picture can be more beautiful with the sun setting behind, just witnessed this last week.
    Agree with the above comments that some of tabs could be highlighted. Also, we should be able to set our preference for font, colour and size rather than having to do it each time we post.
    I do hope that the company who redesigned this website will look/listen to our comments.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i am sure that the power that be are reading the constructive criticisms.
    have you gotten a chance to look at the rest of the site.....aruba.com and not just the community forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I thought it was definitely time for an update of the old forum as it was really a combination of two of the websites versions if people remember. However, I do agree that the colour scheme is dull/very grey. Memories of the ocean is actually turquoise not grey. Picture above of the Fisherman's pier is what I view on my trips to Aruba but the picture is really not the best. What about the beautiful sunsets rather than the clouds?? This picture can be more beautiful with the sun setting behind, just witnessed this last week.
    Agree with the above comments that some of tabs could be highlighted. Also, we should be able to set our preference for font, colour and size rather than having to do it each time we post.
    I do hope that the company who redesigned this website will look/listen to our comments.

Not sure if this post will end up being a duplicate as I made a post previous to Lisa's last post. My comments were that I did agree with the comments that the grey colour is very cool and not warm. When I think of the ocean I think turquoise not grey. Agree with the need to update the website as the previous one was actually a combination of two (the just past current and previous one the that). The picture above is not all that great as that is "my" view and I would love to see that picture with the beautiful sunset you see behind the fisherman's pier. Just watched this beautiful setting last week. Hopefully, people who set up the website will be listening to all of us with the few suggestions. In addition, it would be nice to be able to set your font, size and colour so you don't have to do it with each post. Currently, when I hit the "enter" tab, I am not able to make a new paragraph which is why this is such a long paragraph. Also, when I hit last post it does not go to last post it goes to first post.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    for those that have the constructive criticisms, i advise that you hit you go to the bottom of this page, hit contact us, then write what concerns you.

for us to make comments and criticisms between ourselves on this thread may not be read by the webmaster..therefore contacting him with the suggestions is the best way to go.

the photo above imo should be brighter....a nice sunset photo would be much prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Agreed..hard to get use to the new format...and my new tablet! Seems like it willbe nice? See more tomorrow when i'm at work and on my real computer.
    I've added a new posts tab at the top. Is this better now?

Aruba since 1979
    works for me mr burns!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for those that have the constructive criticisms, i advise that you hit you go to the bottom of this page, hit contact us, then write what concerns you.

for us to make comments and criticisms between ourselves on this thread may not be read by the webmaster..therefore contacting him with the suggestions is the best way to go.
    I will forward this thread to the responsible persons, so they can consider your thoughts! It would be good if all suggestions will be posted in this thread, so it is easy to find.

Aruba since 1979
    this entire site, aruba.com and the forum will only get better as the webmaster and administrators take the time to go through each section and improve upon the content and accessibility. it is obvious that issues will be addressed.

QUOTE=MrBurns;242698]I will forward this thread to the responsible persons, so they can consider your thoughts! It would be good if all suggestions will be posted in this thread, so it is easy to find.[/QUOTE]

IMHO, those who use this forum are travellers to Aruba who like the colors of the ocean, the bright blue skies, the colorful atmosphere and warmth of the people and the general vibe of Aruba. I would have hoped that the developers would have considered these factors when designing the site. The present colors are too reminiscent of the dull, cold snowy winters here with the grey skies and bone chilling winds of winter. We look to escape these.....both by travelling to Aruba and also by spending time perusing the forums.

Hopefully some color and photo adjustments can be made

Regards

Aquaman

I like the NEW POSTS and other controls at the top of the page rather than on the side.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast