Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Aruba.com website

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    also too every time i begin a new sentence i have to hit "bold" instead of being able to go on and on.

and.........photo posting
    i do like the easy link in the menu listed above, but i cannot get a test photo to post.
    For bolded text highlight your text and click on the B on the menu above the writing space. OR in advanced, you can go to the beginning of the text you wish to have bolded and type (B) and at the end of the text you want in bold, type (/B) BUT replace the ( with an [ and ) with ]. Or on my desktop and laptop I can simply highlight the text I want bolded and hit Control B.

For photos click on the 6th icon from the right in the middle row see blue arrow in attachment and follow the prompts.
    Attachment 2388

To add a video, click on the 5th icon from the right in the middle row highlighted in yellow and follow the prompts.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/faq.php?f...q_vb3_replying

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Replying to a Post
    On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.

As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the + Reply to Thread button and add a new post to the end of the thread. Alternatively, you can leave a quick reply in a quick editor box listed below the posts in the thread.

When using 'Quick Reply' you can choose to quote a particular post if you are replying to something someone wrote. You may need to click the quick reply button Reply in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button . This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

My countdown ticker was working with the switch to the new site but now it's not. Coding looks correct to me? May just give up and take it down.

: )
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-30-2013 at 10:30 AM.

I don't know the answer. The code was originally copied from instructions that were posted and I filled in the date info. It was showing correctly on the new site initially.

OK this is my first time on since the change and the jury is still out.I'm sure it's going to be nice,but I'm not one for change of any kind.(must be my OCD kickin' in)LOLOL

Sorry, not a big fan of change. I was very used to the old site and it was good enough for me.

PS - Good bye ticker.....you seem to have disappeared due to the new and "improved" site.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Was it an html ticker? The ticker needs to be "BB code" to be able to used in forums where HTML is allowed.
    OMG...funny.

I have an MS degree and have no clue as to what an html is, nor do I have a clue as to what a "BB code" is. At work, all I have to do when something like this comes up is to ask one of the "kids".

My brain is switched off and resting until Monday!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Looks good to me!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I have an MS degree and have no clue as to what an html is, nor do I have a clue as to what a "BB code" is.
    I don't have a "degree", never mind a MS, but only included that info so that when you went to one of the popular ticker countdown template sites, you would know which code to copy and paste. I am sorry and must apologize for trying to be helpful. Mea culpa.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-30-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: addtl apology

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast