Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Aruba.com website

Exclamation Using Chrome...

1. If you double click on reply to thread Attachment 2392 you will automatically be taken to advanced view. Click on it only once and you will be taken to Attachment 2393

2. Like Andrea, whether in quick reply or advanced view, to break a line or paragraph I simply hit the "enter" button on my computer.

3. In quick reply and advanced view, when I click on the smily ICON Attachment 2395 I see Attachment 2394 with placeholders instead of the true icons. In advanced view everything is fine, including when I click on the side bar Attachment 2396, including "more" everything appears fine as do the "post icons" icons at the bottom of the box.

Exclamation In MS Explorer

The Smiley icon Attachment 2397, whether in quick or advanced the character equivalent : ) with no space = works. BUT the graphic does not show

Attachment 2398
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Exclamation In Firefox

The Smiley icon whether in quick or advanced views DO display the character equivalent : ) with no space =
    but not the graphics
    Attachment 2399

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    My other computer it would not allow font colour to change other than black.
    In Internet Explorer, when I click on the font color icon, the color box opens almost off my screen

Attachment 2400

In firefox and chrome, it works as it should, as an ordinary drop down box.

If you are clicking on the characters even through the graphic is not appearing, if the graphic is not appearing in your final post, make sure you have NOT checked the box "disable smilies in text". THAT feature will only appear though if you are replying in advanced mode.
    Attachment 2401

Where is the PREVIEW POST option? May be we need a list or youtube video showing us how to use all the features??
    You can only "preview posts" if you use the advanced reply mode.

It is helpful if everyone reads the FAQ at the top of the page
    Attachment 2402
    Posting New Messages
    Replying to a Post
    On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.

As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the + Reply to Thread button and add a new post to the end of the thread. Alternatively, you can leave a quick reply in a quick editor box listed below the posts in the thread.

When using 'Quick Reply' you can choose to quote a particular post if you are replying to something someone wrote. You may need to click the quick reply button Reply to this Message Reply in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button Multi quote. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.
    Editing and Deleting your Posts
    Attachments and Images
    Smilies
    Message Icons and Thread Prefixes

If you think a video would be beneficial this is one, but this may or may not show or have all of the same features

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    To get to private messages there is a tab on the line underneath the What's new; New Posts and Forum tabs. The line is grayed out and somewhat difficult to see. My comment was that these tabs appear nonfunctioning because they are grayed out. If you click on Private Messages it does in fact work.
    click on these images to see where you should be looking

Attachment 2403

Attachment 2404

Attachment 2405
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-02-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i wish i could figure out how to do those screen shots with safari/mac

lisa than you for helping !!

Wow Lisa, you've really done your homework! Very helpful.

New Aruba.com website-dec-19th-2012-aruba.jpg This picture is from the Aruba Facebook page. IMO, nicer than the one they have above. Just showing an example of a nicer picture.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I thought I was at the wrong site at first then I saw Andrea J and knew I was at the right place. I miss this "New posts" on the list. I will have to play around and get used to the new set up. Since we just returned from another amazing Aruba vacation I have plenty of time until our next trip to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rapp110 View Post
    I miss this "New posts" on the list.
    Is this what you are looking for? Top left side..

Attachment 2407

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast