Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New to Posting Forum Member

New to Posting Forum Member

Been reading the forum for over a year – figured I would do my first post. We have just booked for our 5th stay in Aruba for Dec 13 – 20. This will be our 3rd time at the Renaissance Marina – All Inclusive.

We fly in from Toronto, Canada. I know there has been some discussion about All-inclusive vs. Non All-Inclusive and just for us the pricing isn’t worth it to do non all-inclusive. Also we are in our mid-20s so it’s nice to bring spending money and not have to worry about budgeting our meals/drinks. That being said every time we have gone to Aruba we venture out and look at the menus of the restaurants but we have always been happen with the food at the resort – why spend the $$ on something we can get for free at the resort.

Our first hotel we ever stayed at was the Renaissance, and I always go back to it. I have also stayed at the Tamarijn Aruba, and last year we stayed at the Riu Antillas for the week before Christmas. We also tried Curacao in April of this year, and were a little disappointed. Many times throughout the week we said “it’s nice, but it’s just not Aruba”

Hi JCurl!! Welcome to the posting side I look forward to hearing more from you
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi and welcome to the forum. We also do the all inclusive (Divi) but in recent years we've been adding on a few extra nights and trying different resorts.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to your first posting

so many of us have said.........."ya it's ok, but just not aruba"

Welcome!
    I love your explanation of why AI works for you. I also think being out on the private island and having drinks on the beach all day can really add up...guess we will find out in November...lol. We will be leaving about a week before you arrive. I look forward to hearing more about your Aruba adventures.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by JCurl View Post
    Been reading the forum for over a year – figured I would do my first post. We have just booked for our 5th stay in Aruba for Dec 13 – 20. This will be our 3rd time at the Renaissance Marina – All Inclusive.

We fly in from Toronto, Canada. I know there has been some discussion about All-inclusive vs. Non All-Inclusive and just for us the pricing isn’t worth it to do non all-inclusive. Also we are in our mid-20s so it’s nice to bring spending money and not have to worry about budgeting our meals/drinks. That being said every time we have gone to Aruba we venture out and look at the menus of the restaurants but we have always been happen with the food at the resort – why spend the $$ on something we can get for free at the resort.

Our first hotel we ever stayed at was the Renaissance, and I always go back to it. I have also stayed at the Tamarijn Aruba, and last year we stayed at the Riu Antillas for the week before Christmas. We also tried Curacao in April of this year, and were a little disappointed. Many times throughout the week we said “it’s nice, but it’s just not Aruba”
    Good summary. At some point (maybe a few years down the road?), I'll bet you'll start to venture off the resort just to shake it up a bit. Lots of great local places in Aruba that are definitely worth the effort.

I hear you though - the last thing I wanted to do in my twenties was leave the chaise lounge by the pool! AI was the only way for me then! And I liked the not having an "extra" bill/invoice at the end of the trip too.

The private island is my favourite part about the Renaissance – and being downtown at night (we like to walk around and explore all the different shops)
    Last December we did the Trikes – and they were a blast. The people that run that trip are amazing, plus I made friends with most of the couples that were a part of our ride so that was cool.
    My boyfriend has a motorcycle so he loved being able to ride around – this vacation he really wants to do the Harley Davidson rental (so we’ll see, I’m still a bit reluctant because you I don’t want to get lost)
    That being said we are definitely renting a car this year, even for a day to explore the island. Like act1966 said – we are slowly becoming more comfortable and trying new things. In Curacao we rented a car for the day and drove from one end of the island to the other stopping at all the different beaches. I loved being able to say I did that. (as a side note though – I was a bit terrified when we got the car dropped off to our hotel, the agent went through the entire car with us and just as we were getting in she says “oh yeah don’t leave anything in the car ever and make sure you leave it unlocked because they will smash the windows to get in”) That kind of took a bit of our confidence away. So at every beach we lugged our back pack around and left the car and windows wide open.
    I haven’t heard too much like that with Aruba, we obviously know not to leave and/or bring valuables in the car.
    I’m not sure what else we will be trying when we are there, we always like to head up to Palm Beach and wander around. I always like to walk through the other hotels to get an idea of what’s there.

Aruba since 1979
    seriously the car rental said to leave it wide open? never ever would i do that.

just keep stuff locked in trunk and the car locked up tight.

Quote Originally Posted by JCurl View Post
    The private island is my favourite part about the Renaissance – and being downtown at night (we like to walk around and explore all the different shops)
    Last December we did the Trikes – and they were a blast. The people that run that trip are amazing, plus I made friends with most of the couples that were a part of our ride so that was cool.
    My boyfriend has a motorcycle so he loved being able to ride around – this vacation he really wants to do the Harley Davidson rental (so we’ll see, I’m still a bit reluctant because you I don’t want to get lost)
    That being said we are definitely renting a car this year, even for a day to explore the island. Like act1966 said – we are slowly becoming more comfortable and trying new things. In Curacao we rented a car for the day and drove from one end of the island to the other stopping at all the different beaches. I loved being able to say I did that. (as a side note though – I was a bit terrified when we got the car dropped off to our hotel, the agent went through the entire car with us and just as we were getting in she says “oh yeah don’t leave anything in the car ever and make sure you leave it unlocked because they will smash the windows to get in”) That kind of took a bit of our confidence away. So at every beach we lugged our back pack around and left the car and windows wide open.
    I haven’t heard too much like that with Aruba, we obviously know not to leave and/or bring valuables in the car.
    I’m not sure what else we will be trying when we are there, we always like to head up to Palm Beach and wander around. I always like to walk through the other hotels to get an idea of what’s there.

But apparently in Curacao if they think you have something in the car - they will break the window to get to the trunk. They have people who watch the parking lots. There were a few times where we were the only car, so we just left because it starts to feel too sketchy.

J Curl: Welcome to the Forum posting. There always are such nice compliments about the Forum and all the valuable information that one can obtain from it. We all appreciate and thank Andrea for her splendid job of monitoring. So, here is my "Thanks, Andrea."

Hope you have many more enjoyable trips and "Forum Reading. "

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast