Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New to Posting Forum Member

Wow! I have rented a car every single trip to Aruba and (knock virtual wood) have never had a problem. Of course as in all situations you have to be smart.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Another Renn lover!
    why not buy a timeshare there?
    We do and love it

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Haha I have looked! Unfortunately the flights to Aruba are almost as much as the full package. Also we still have a lot of life plans ahead of us We just bought our first home a year ago.

Luckily I have told him about getting a certificate for going to Aruba for 10 years consecutively - so now he's striving for that. Woo for me!

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    seriously the car rental said to leave it wide open? never ever would i do that.

just keep stuff locked in trunk and the car locked up tight.
    My friend had a rental company tell her the same thing IN St Martin.

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    The theft in Curacao is 3 times worse than Aruba but if you leave things lay in the right spots on Aruba, they will be gone. When I dove in Curacao, the dive guide said to roll down the windows so when we got done with the dive, they took our T-shirts and stole the jack from behind the seat. We had a 4 door pickup. Certain areas in Aruba, if you lock the car and leave a purse or a bag in the car in view, they will knock out a window to grab it. You always have to play it safe.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Aruba since 1979
    thanak you ed
    jacki, the other moderator and i are most appreciative of the kind words.
    we make it a point to take our time, to be careful, fair and nonnazi-like

we are thankful for kind words and do our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    J Curl: Welcome to the Forum posting. There always are such nice compliments about the Forum and all the valuable information that one can obtain from it. We all appreciate and thank Andrea for her splendid job of monitoring. So, here is my "Thanks, Andrea."

Hope you have many more enjoyable trips and "Forum Reading. "

We always rent a car for the duration of our stay on the island. The last two years we've received stern warnings from the rental agency not to leave anything visible in the car's interior. We've now gotten to the point where we don't even show anything of value being put into the trunk when we park, do deter any spotters. We basically travel around the island with the following with the following in hand. Our smartphones for pictures and GPS, credit card for purchases, and a little cash for tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12