Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Roundabout at Superfood's Intersection

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    If there was to be a bridge, should it be north-south or east-west and on which sides of the intersection? In planning and approving the budget for the roundabout a bridge should be factored in. The lights are confusing and this year I have seen a lot of V plates cruising through what they obviously think is green for them, when it is green for turning traffic
    Aquaman, you are so right. Half the time I don't know who has the green light, who has the turn light, the lights are at an angle so you're not sure where they belong, especially by Lings. If I didn't know better, I would swear someone from the NJ highway dept put those lights in cause NJ has the absolute worse signage. I'm not sure how anyone not from NJ gets around, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    I miss that red light maybe once every 7 times through the intersection. It seems to go from green to red without yellow. it isnít nearly as bad as some other intersections.
    I agree. Iíve missed the left turn due to pedestrians or tourists crossing at wrong times.
    I agree. Something need to be done here. Besides of all these points , This traffic light did not work for a weeks last August. It was very hard to cross this intersection

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    I agree. Something need to be done here. Besides of all these points , This traffic light did not work for a weeks last August. It was very hard to cross this intersection

I was there during that time! Wow! It was a little more crazy than normal (and we all know how bad THAT is!).
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

They surely need to do something. You have to really watch at that intersection. Both drivers and pedestrians are confused by the light set up. The one Ling’s is even worse IMO because the light for traffic heading toward downtown doesn’t stay green very long-only a few cars at a time can go through and people get tired of waiting through several light changes and go through on the red. I thought they had fixed the timing, but got stuck there again last week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12