Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New sunscreen/products on the market in Aruba.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mr. Ratt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    706

    New sunscreen/products on the market in Aruba.

    I keep hearing on the Aruba radio stations about a new sun product called "I Love Aruba".
    Apparently it's aloe based, and it sounds like it might be some competition for the Aruba Aloe juggernaut.

    Has anyone tried this stuff, and, how's the price?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com




  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    apparently it is a product of the "i love aruba" store
    check out this thread below

    I Love Aruba Sunscreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    I keep hearing on the Aruba radio stations about a new sun product called "I Love Aruba".
    Apparently it's aloe based, and it sounds like it might be some competition for the Aruba Aloe juggernaut.

    Has anyone tried this stuff, and, how's the price?

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    heck, i would imagine that coppertone is even now competing with "aruba aloe" due to aruba aloe's obscene pricing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    apparently it is a product of the "i love aruba" store
    check out this thread below

    I Love Aruba Sunscreen

  4. #4
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Ok mr Ratt, how about you buy some and report back🌴🌞❤️

  5. #5
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    They had a display table at Lings in November 2014. They don't have an unscented version so it wasn't an option for us and our delicate sensibilities (ha!).

    I don't remember the pricing being all that competitive relative to the Neutrogena and Target spray on sunscreen.

    Kind of like Ontario wines: make it WORTH my while to buy your product! Undercut the market!!!

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    ya i will continue to use what we find reasonably priced at sams or aldis, walgreens and cvs.....we bought a 3 pack spray at cvs recently...banana boat #30 for $16.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    They had a display table at Lings in November 2014. They don't have an unscented version so it wasn't an option for us and our delicate sensibilities (ha!).

    I don't remember the pricing being all that competitive relative to the Neutrogena and Target spray on sunscreen.

    Kind of like Ontario wines: make it WORTH my while to buy your product! Undercut the market!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,731
    I agree with you Andrea... I buy what ever is on sale and must have a coupon on top of that.
    Lucky for Lou and I we rarely burn. We both tan very easy (too easy) but still use a little for protection

  8. #8
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,798
    going in a few days, will try some and let everyone know....I usually use what ever is on sale as well but since its only just getting warm our sunscreens are at their most expensive....so, if I have to pay top dollar I may as well give a new brand a try !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

  9. #9
    Junior Member Chago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    14
    Any hints for us fair skinned Colorado folk , as far as level of sun screen for July time frame , my Hon is fair skinned and burns easy , me not as bad but not knowing the sun in beautiful Aruba , we wanna enjoy the sun while there ...

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    hawaiian tropic 15 or 30

    start with 30 for a few days and then maybe drop down to 15

    reaply often



    Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Any hints for us fair skinned Colorado folk , as far as level of sun screen for July time frame , my Hon is fair skinned and burns easy , me not as bad but not knowing the sun in beautiful Aruba , we wanna enjoy the sun while there ...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-14-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO