Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New sunscreen/products on the market in Aruba.

Thanks Andrea , what are the temps like in July ?

Aruba since 1979
    Hot 90 humid breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Any hints for us fair skinned Colorado folk , as far as level of sun screen for July time frame , my Hon is fair skinned and burns easy , me not as bad but not knowing the sun in beautiful Aruba , we wanna enjoy the sun while there ...
    Reapply often - bring sunscreen with you wherever you go
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You my friend are sitting on the Equator... Heed the warnings

I will definately try this new product and will report back. Aruba Aloe is a great product but their prices have gotten way too high. I remember when it was the cheapest sunscreen on the island, many years ago. Does anyone remember a line of sun products from Holland that had carrot juice in them? They no longer carry the line on the island, but it was the best sunscreen/tanning product I have ever used. It glided on like silk and gave you an amazing, glowing tan. I believe it also had walnut oil in it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Aruba since 1979
    YES i bought that product too.
    I havent seen carrot oil in any sun product in a long time.
    Must be because I am buying 15 and aerosol.
    Will have to do some googling!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
    I will definately try this new product and will report back. Aruba Aloe is a great product but their prices have gotten way too high. I remember when it was the cheapest sunscreen on the island, many years ago. Does anyone remember a line of sun products from Holland that had carrot juice in them? They no longer carry the line on the island, but it was the best sunscreen/tanning product I have ever used. It glided on like silk and gave you an amazing, glowing tan. I believe it also had walnut oil in it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Ok Andrea...I googled and I googled, and the only reference I found to this product was at Beauty Naturals, but it said it was no longer available. I have sent an e;mail to their customer service department and will let you know when I hear something. It is called "Tropical Brown" and is all-natural.
    Last edited by Arlene; 04-15-2015 at 05:47 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Any hints for us fair skinned Colorado folk , as far as level of sun screen for July time frame , my Hon is fair skinned and burns easy , me not as bad but not knowing the sun in beautiful Aruba , we wanna enjoy the sun while there ...
    The sun in Aruba is VERY strong! I'm fair skinned as well and burn easily. Try to stay in the shade as much as possible. The sun is the strongest from 11 a.m. till 5 p.m. Wear a hat and sunglasses. I protect my shoulders as the sun can hit them strongly. Also, make sure not to miss a spot when applying sunscreen! Like edges of clothes, ears, top of feet etc. Be extra careful the first three days until you get a feeling for the heat and sun. Having an ugly sunburn can ruin some of your vacation time. Have fun!

I've been using Australian Gold for years now, it works well as a preventive, everything from 4-50 spf, and there are a few of their tanning oils that actually do have carrot oil in the blend. Nice dark tan, I know what you mean Andrea.
    And thanks for all the feedback on the I Love Aruba stuff. I was initially wondering if it was like the Aruba Aloe line, but it would seem it's only sunscreen and such.
    Don't think we'll be buying any of that.
    Sorry cindy o, no reason to buy it, so I guess I'll never know.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    That store I LOVE ARUBA sells everything, it was just a matter of time before the sunscreen products were coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12