Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Wink New Walkways and Roads

Does anyone know if Aruba goverment have any plans to inprove walkways along beach front to make it nicer for tourists? A bit like they have in Mediterian. Also any signs of the roads being inproved? and better drainage? We were in Aruba in October last year, arrived off the plan into a hurrican storm, it only lasted 2 days then paridise restored. The dust track in front of eagle beach badly flooded and no drainage there. I just thought to myself how nicer it would be with tree lined walkways along the beach front? I.m not sure but i think you call it in America "boardwalk" ? What does the member think?

Aruba since 1979
    i think the government in their plans probably do have ideas and plans for the roads and walkways.

maybe in parliament's infinite wisdom they are hoping/counting on the resorts to band together and maintain and beautify the walkway of which you speak. who knows? some may say it is fine as it is.

the infrastructure of aruba is a huge growing concern.
    some crumbling roads, drainage, highway improvements etc...
    i think storm drains is a big concern and there has been progress made in that regard.

i am guessing it is all related to $$$$.
    no one in aua wants to see their taxes rise......again.

these are my thoughts and in no way do my thoughts count for anything
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by garyiryna View Post
    Does anyone know if Aruba goverment have any plans to inprove walkways along beach front to make it nicer for tourists? A bit like they have in Mediterian. Also any signs of the roads being inproved? and better drainage? We were in Aruba in October last year, arrived off the plan into a hurrican storm, it only lasted 2 days then paridise restored. The dust track in front of eagle beach badly flooded and no drainage there. I just thought to myself how nicer it would be with tree lined walkways along the beach front? I.m not sure but i think you call it in America "boardwalk" ? What does the member think?

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "i am guessing it is all related to $$$$."
    ----- There was talk a few years ago about closing the road between La Cabanna and the Hospital and doing that. But that cost many $$$$.
    Don't know if its past the talking stage.

This past trip we saw a good number of beautification and improvement projects (drainage and such) going on. When we questioned someone about it, they said the government is trying to move very quickly to make improvements in light of the upcoming elections in September. In other words, the government wants the voters to look around and see all of the "nice" things the government has done for the voters.