Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Exclamation New Website: www.nosaruba2025.aw

The Department of Economic Affairs launced a new website about the future development of Aruba:

http://www.nosaruba2025.aw/index.php?id=1&L=0

Howdy and THANK YOU! Is there a way to convert it to English?

Thanks so much!!!

There's an image verification requirement to register, but there is no image to verify. Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    There's an image verification requirement to register, but there is no image to verify. Hmmm.....
    Thanks for pointing this out. It should work now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBurns View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. It should work now!
    Still no image in a Mozilla browser (like Firefox.) I do see the image in MSIE.

I got the image (internet explorer) but the news section and a few others are not in English yet.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I did a quick translation of the first article, hope to have time in the next few days to do some more. I enjoyed reading it. Have not edited/corrected and I don't know if the quotes are exactly correct, since I translated from Papiamento, Yasa might have used other words, but I made sure it has the same meaning....
    Now, let's get rid of those Styrofoam boxes!!! They are worse than the plastic bags, which are to be banned soon. And, how about all that asbestos on roofs? Shopping around for a house and these people just don't realize I will not buy if there is asbestos, I usually don't even take a look inside. It's just me, I guess.
    Margaret

Wikima Consultant identifies many similarities between his island Bali and Aruba
    Island mentality makes it difficult for people to make each other “responsible for their acts”

ORANJESTAD – He hails from the other end of the world, but even so Janur Yasa of Wikima Patners recognizes various common factors between Aruba and his native Bali, Indonesia.
    Yasa is a Wikima Partners facilitator who is on Aruba laying the groundwork for the Integral and Strategic National Plan, NISP. As Bon Dia Aruba already pointed out, the process to establish a NISP is considered the most important part, as it entails bringing people on Aruba together to dialogue to find common factors in their opinions to reach sustainable development on the island.
    “I feel very feel very secure here, as if I am in Bali, only Aruba is smaller,” Yasa commented. This is attributed to connection with The Netherlands which is very strong in both countries. Indonesia until just over 50 years ago was a Dutch colony. He expressed that it was a pleasant to find out for example that the Indonesian Nasi and Bami Goreng are much-liked dishes on Aruba. Maybe the most remarkable is that a native Balinese comes to Aruba to assist in the awareness process and active participation from the community in planning for the island, as in Bali people have not yet taken the steps to initiate communication processes and dialogue.
    “I do not know if it is a matter of island attitude, but on Bali, because all people know each other, they do not make each other responsible for their actions,” Janur Yasa said. And this is the process that he would like to instigate on Aruba, to encourage people by means of conversation to start assuming self-responsibility in many areas.
    Yasa gave as example the Styrofoam boxes that are strewn the island over. He does not believe people leave these boxes there on purpose, but simply because they are not aware of the danger this material poses for the environment.
    “I was at a supermarket purchasing a sandwich. I asked the lady for the sandwich without the foam box. She made the bread, rolled it in paper and then turned to me and asked why I did not want the Styrofoam box,” Janur Yasa said. The question offered the opportunity for him to explain about the dangers of Styrofoam, that it is not biodegradable and in 1000 years it is still a Styrofoam box. “This is a small island, and remember that if all these Styrofoam boxes stay put, and do not disintegrate… how will Aruba look in a few decades…” The reaction the Wikima consultant got from the supermarket employee was satisfactory to him. The lady remained quite, with an expression of surprise on her face and turned to explain her colleagues about the dangers of Styrofoam.
    “That is the approach we use at Wikima. Thus we involve the people directly in the thinking process.” For this Yasa thinks that if at school children are taught the dangers of Styrofoam, they will themselves see to it that their parents do not accept these boxes, and will not wait for the government to introduce a ban.
    Every person that can make a contribution to Aruba and once the awareness is improved, Aruba will be better served. Because a person influences the other positively. And although the NISP will be ready in 18 months, one should not wait until then with these actions.

Thank you for your efforts, they are most appreciated!!!!!

www.altavista.com

Does website translations and works pretty good.