Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By kent
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By curlylaura
  • 2 Post By CK1

Thread: New Year's Eve 2015-2016

New Year's Eve 2015-2016

Thinking that it is never too early to plan an Aruba trip, especially one during peak seasons, I am looking for suggestions for New Year's Eve. CindyO and I would like to go to Tierra del Sol which is a great venue, but our 22 & 23 year old daughters are hoping for something less formal. Another thing, despite having a car reservation I worry about "over-booking" and car availability and I don't expect that taxi rides from a remote spot right after the big celebration are reliable. I don't want to ruin the celebration for my good friend driver who shall remain unnamed.

So....now I'll get to the point. Can anyone recommend something real nice for New Year's Eve that is downtown? We'll be at the Renaissance and hope for something within walking distance.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Barefoot, West Deck, Elgaunchos. I would look on the website to make sure they are opened on New Years Eve. Otherwise you might have to come here for a fresh seafood cookout!! Ha! Ha!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    yemanja......ever been there?
    and then partying up a storm poolside at the Ren Blu Bar ?

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    you might have to come here for a fresh seafood cookout!! Ha! Ha!
    ....be careful, we might just show up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yemanja......ever been there?
    and then partying up a storm poolside at the Ren Blu Bar ?
    Love Yemanja. We were thinking about Blu Bar and need to find out if they have a special event.

If Hertz doesn't renege on our car reservation we'll be Tierra del Sol, Ventanas del Mar bound. if they overbook, it may be a "Blu" evening.

Any others know of any specific night-time celebrations?

Curious if the bus would be an option if you found something on the bus route? Ive seen something about Amsterdam Manor having a nice event. Maybe Amy or Lisa could chime in. I am not sure if it's only for their guests, or even if I am remembering this correctly.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Curious if the bus would be an option if you found something on the bus route? Ive seen something about Amsterdam Manor having a nice event. Maybe Amy or Lisa could chime in. I am not sure if it's only for their guests, or even if I am remembering this correctly.
    only interested in downtown walking distance, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    only interested in downtown walking distance, thanks!
    Blu has lots going on with DJ, pool seating, also elevated and you can watch the fireworks from there. Dinner at Yemanja is a good idea and i would make my way to Blu after that for some fun dancing and great music. From renaisance this is your best walking distance choice, Barefoot too far to walk. There is also Carpe Diem which is fabulous for drinks and also watching fireworks. they are almost directly in front of BLU,

Aruba since 1979
    curly....i rarely see anyone in Carpe Diem and often wonder how they afford to remain open?
    Quote Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
    Blu has lots going on with DJ, pool seating, also elevated and you can watch the fireworks from there. Dinner at Yemanja is a good idea and i would make my way to Blu after that for some fun dancing and great music. From renaisance this is your best walking distance choice, Barefoot too far to walk. There is also Carpe Diem which is fabulous for drinks and also watching fireworks. they are almost directly in front of BLU,

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    curly....i rarely see anyone in Carpe Diem and often wonder how they afford to remain open?
    It seems there is a change. From their FB:

July 28 at 2:30pm
    If you loved Carpe Diem Restaurant and enjoyed the beautiful view here in the Marina-we invite you to like our new page "Chi Chi Bella Restaurant & Lounge Bar".. We changed our name and have a NEW Chef and NEW Menu...You are welcome from next week on to come lunch and dine with us again or to lounge and have drinks...*

https://www.facebook.com/carpediemrestaurantaruba?fref=ts

Oops, maybe not:

Chi Chi Bella Restaurant & Lounge Bar

July 31 at 2:23pm

This page is closing in 14 days...Please go to page of Carpe Diem Restaurant & Lounge Bar for the same great menu and ambiance... Keep up to date with upcoming events and specials...Thank you for liking us...Have a Happy Friday...

https://www.facebook.com/chichibellarestaurant?fref=ts

Last edited by CK1; 08-12-2015 at 01:03 AM.