Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Newbie to Aruba

Newbie to Aruba

Hello, I am planning to take an all inclusive trip to Aruba in February. I have travelled to several different places (mostly to the Domincan) so I need some help. I could not find anything in your forum regarding tipping. I have always tipped staff at the resorts and leave tips on my pillow etc. Can someone tell me is it any different in Aruba? I am looking at the Riu or Marriott. Any information regarding exploring your island would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance!

BTW, this is an awesome forum!! I am getting so excited and I haven't even booked yet

We do tip when we stay at an all inclusive. For the bartenders, we always put up a few dollars. If we feel we got extra attention we would put up more. It's not required, but I think it's appreciated. At the buffets, we leave different amounts depending on the level of service. In the evening we leave more because staff is serving drinks and clearing multiple plates.

Aruba since 1979
    hey there jodi.......welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    here are a few (maybe 5) pages of threads having some mention of tipping.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=325052
    click above link

some of the resorts fees includes tipping, so check the fine print before you sign.
    even if tipping is included in your bottom line, it is somewhat customary to tip more.

this is indeed an awesome forum...lots of great members!

QUOTE=Jodi;251775]Hello, I am planning to take an all inclusive trip to Aruba in February. I have travelled to several different places (mostly to the Domincan) so I need some help. I could not find anything in your forum regarding tipping. I have always tipped staff at the resorts and leave tips on my pillow etc. Can someone tell me is it any different in Aruba? I am looking at the Riu or Marriott. Any information regarding exploring your island would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance!

BTW, this is an awesome forum!! I am getting so excited and I haven't even booked yet [/QUOTE]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Which Marriott, all 5 are very different?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Hello, I am planning to take an all inclusive trip to Aruba in February. I have travelled to several different places (mostly to the Domincan) so I need some help. I could not find anything in your forum regarding tipping. I have always tipped staff at the resorts and leave tips on my pillow etc. Can someone tell me is it any different in Aruba? I am looking at the Riu or Marriott. Any information regarding exploring your island would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance!

BTW, this is an awesome forum!! I am getting so excited and I haven't even booked yet

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Which Marriott, all 5 are very different?
    Hi Cindy!
    Since she's speaking of an all inclusive trip I think she meant the Renaissance...

Hi Jodi,

Welcome to the forum! You're gonna love it here - happy planning!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks everyone!

Andrea, your link didn't work for me??

I would love to do the red sail sports dinner sail but it says online the pick up is at Hyatt, is that close to the Riu? Has anyone tried this excursion?

Aruba since 1979
    U r correct. The link is not working. Enter Tipping in the search box and a whole bunch of threads re: tipping will appear.
    The Hyatt is either right next to or 2 resorts from Riu. A very short walk.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Aruba since 1979