Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Newbies looking for advice...

Aruba since 1979
    no snorkeling on eagle beach...........well one can snorkel but all that is to be seen is sand
    Quote Originally Posted by copcarguyp71 View Post
    The trike tour looks AWESOME and got a big thumbs up from the other side of the bed! We may consider renting a jeep too one day...not too sure yet. Is there any good snorkeling at Eagle Beach around where the Amsterdam Manor Resort is?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if your daughter is a rider, then i wholeheartedly recommend a horseback tour!
    Rancho ElPaso or Ponderosa or Gold Mine all get good reviews. I have ridden with them all, and love the beach and countryside ride, but not the ride to the natural pool.

I don't know what Janky means (my age is showing right?) but if it means not cool, then how about the snorkel tour with KENT and STUARTwww.arubabobsnorkeling.com

kent is a member here and he and Stu run an awesome snorkeling tour!! Been there, done that , loved it!

IMO there are no bad tours on the jeep tours out in the arikok. Kini Kini and DePalm run very good tours.
    Sadly I have a partially herniated disk and would not want to risk popping it out while riding and spending the rest of the vacation in misery. Kent has already gotten a hold of me via PM...their site does not really go into what type of boat or locations they snorkel so that might be helpful. We have snorkeled many times before and are not really enamoured of wearing life jackets to do it although I can appreciate their carefulness with their clients. We saw a catamaran excursion that did look nice but anything is possible...the world is open to us this far in advance.

LOL on janky....basically kind of pedestrian and cliche

Welcome to the forum. No, the "pirate snorkeling" isn't janky at all. It's a good time with multiple snorkle stops, rope swings, open bars and snacks. Nobody is really dressed or talking like pirates or anything. There are a few different trips throughout the week on Jolly Pirates and Mi Dushi, whose vessels look like pirate ships, Tranquillo and Blue Melody/Black Pearl have tours as well that are quieter and with more personal attention. You can snorkle on your own at Baby Beach, and Aruba Bob's gets rave reviews. Maybe DePalm island would be a consideration. Definitely make time for a snorkel trip of some kind, it is one of our must do things every time we go. I'm sure searching "snorkeling" on this forum will provide you with more views and ideas on the options available.

Aruba since 1979
    Kent's snorkel excusrion is at Spanish Lagoon/Mangel Halto which often has a strong current......hence....lightweight snorkel life vests (not jackets).

I also will recommend Tranquilo and Octopus for snorkel tours.
    Tranquilo offers a nice drift snorkel and a wonderful lunch.

Sadly I have a partially herniated disk and would not want to risk popping it out while riding and spending the rest of the vacation in misery. Kent has already gotten a hold of me via PM...their site does not really go into what type of boat or locations they snorkel so that might be helpful. We have snorkeled many times before and are not really enamoured of wearing life jackets to do it although I can appreciate their carefulness with their clients. We saw a catamaran excursion that did look nice but anything is possible...the world is open to us this far in advance.

LOL on janky....basically kind of pedestrian and cliche

I was going to suggest Tranquilo for a less "janky" snorkeling excursion, however, some, particularly an 11 yo, may find it a long boring day. It is one of our favorite excursions on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I was going to suggest Tranquilo for a less "janky" snorkeling excursion, however, some, particularly an 11 yo, may find it a long boring day. It is one of our favorite excursions on the island.
    She is a pretty good kid who is equally as happy at Walt Disney World as she is on a day at the beach so we will give it a look-see! She really is an awesome travelling companion.

She is a pretty good kid who is equally as happy at Walt Disney World as she is on a day at the beach so we will give it a look-see! She really is an awesome travelling companion.
    Your dd should enjoy it then. Our dd went on Tranquilo for the first time at the age of 10 and loved it so much a few days later took her first Discover Scuba course. Since then she has gotten her scuba certification.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12