Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "3) Best Restaurants that are a must."
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site...cbc81c5694f9d7

>>> "4) Rental car necessary?"
    ----- NO. The Divi resorts in that area has several large type carts that will take you to other resorts and restaurants in the area. Will even come and pick you up at those other resorts. Just have front desk call.

Quote Originally Posted by tirrell143 View Post
    This will be my wife and I first trip to Aruba. Since my wife was a little girl she has dreamed of visiting Aruba. For her 30th birthday I surprised her with this trip scheduled for Dec 13th - 20th. We will be staying at the Divi Village Golf Resort. Being that this has been alife long dream for her, I really want to make this the most amazing vacation possible on a blue collar budget. I have booked sunset cruise, a day at the de palm island, and a off-road adventure. I have some other ideas, but I am not sure how practical they are considering my lack of knowledge of the area.
    Imo, if you are only on the island for seven nights, too much to do. De Palm Island is expensive and the money could be spent on a romantic dinner instead.. The Off Road adventure will give you a good overview of the island and sunset cruises are always nice.

1) Any advice or tips for first time visitors?
    Don't plan too much. Once you see beautiful Druif Beach, you may decide to spend most of your waking hours there.

More info http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/first%20time.html

2) Any things we absolutely shouldnt miss?
    Just taking some time to slow down and enjoy island time and the beauty of Aruba.

3) Best Restaurants that are a must?
    Everyone has their favorites- Just a few of ours
    Chefs Table
    Screaming Eagle
    Passions
    Windows on Aruba
    Marina Pirata

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/romantic%20restaurants.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/sunset%20dinner.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/favorite%20restaurant.html

4) Rental car necessary?
    Strictly personal preference. Some folks like to have "wheels" to be ready to go out and about at their leisure. How much time will you spend on the beach? Will you only need transporation to dinner and a couple of excursions as well as airport transfers? If so taxis and the bus will be less expensive.

More discussion http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/taxi.html

5) I was thinking about spending a night on the beach, watching sunset, and sunrise. Any laws against doing such a thing? Safety? (I am a large (6'7") Martial Artist, so I am not the type people will want to think about making trouble with.)
    As long as you are not camping. I believe in that case, a permit is required. Safety not really an issue as long as you are not alone and do not carry any valuables.

6) Here is the corny one, That tree we all see in pictures (you know the one, seen it in others avatars), is it real, and where can I find it?
    North end of the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

Are you on the all inclusive package at the Divi Village?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Are you on the all inclusive package at the Divi Village?

We are not. I looked into it, however we really like to diversify our dining experience. We are using our Timeshare trade in for this resort.

Since you are not on the all inclusive package, you could eat at the Divi or Tamarijn but you need to purchase "coupons" in advance. Imo expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Since you are not on the all inclusive package, you could eat at the Divi or Tamarijn but you need to purchase "coupons" in advance. Imo expensive.
    Ok, tyvm for all your help. Very good info, and great links. What should we do about money? Change it in US, Aruba, or just use a CC for everything?

I assume the young lady in your avatar is your daughter? She has a very warm smile. Just thought I would share that, hope I dont sound creepy lol.

US money accepted everywhere, cash, Travelers checks, go easy on the cc might have foreign exchange charge.

I assume the young lady in your avatar is your daughter? She has a very warm smile. Just thought I would share that, hope I dont sound creepy lol.
    Yes, she is. Thank you for your kind words.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My advise in RED...
    This will be my wife and I first trip to Aruba. Since my wife was a little girl she has dreamed of visiting Aruba. My questions are as follows:

1) Any advice or tips for first time visitors? Watch the sun exposure..u are on the equator and takes many visitors by surprize..that being said, its a laid back island...great food, great sunsets, great happy hours all over..

2) Any things we absolutely shouldnt miss? Sunset cruise which u are doing, a tour of the island ( Depalm 1/2 day is more than fine, dinner on the beach at sunset...

3) Best Restaurants that are a must? Passions on the beach for sunset, Flying Fishbone or Old Man and the Sea at sunset ( 5:30 reservations), Madame Jeannette, others include; ( cheaper than previous listed), Casa Tua, Iguana Joes...and many others...

4) Rental car necessary? Yes, try it for a few days...it really is fun driving around and exploring...

5) I was thinking about spending a night on the beach, watching sunset, and sunrise. Any laws against doing such a thing? Safety? (I am a large (6'7") Martial Artist, so I am not the type people will want to think about making trouble with.) Hmmm, I don't think I would personally do that...iguana's walking around...

6) Here is the corny one, That tree we all see in pictures (you know the one, seen it in others avatars), is it real, and where can I find it? Yes, its real

Thanks in advacne for your help. I really want to make this the most memorable trip for my lovely wife. Life is short, never know if you can ever make it back, so I want to do it right!
    Enjoy , you will want to go back soon after visiting, we're on our 14th trip...cindy

That amazing tree is in front of Amsterdam Manor. It is the most amazing tree. I have taken many pictures of it and never get tired of seeing it. Rent a car or jeep for one day which is more than enought to see the island. make sure to include a nightly visit to either Flying fishbone or Old Man and the Sea (next door)) The food is good but the setup is the best. We chose to sit by the piano at Old Man and the Sea and just listen to music and enjoy a great drink outdoors by the water, that is what Aruba is all about. Papiamento is a great place and Madame Janette is also an experience not to miss while in Aruba.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123