Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

NEWLYWED Question

We just got married on Saturday and will be coming to Aruba on Tuesday. We are wondering how we prove our marriage when we do not have a marriage certificate yet? We have our passports, but hers is still in her previous last name?

Congratulations from E Dronenburg. I visit the site every day and enjoy all the postings. Welcome Senior Member!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bring your license if you were able to keep it, if not, bring a copy of your invitation. Your passports will be fine.

Thank you for your help. That's one less thing to worry about while we enjoy Aruba! We are signed up for the One Cool Honeymoon program and our officiant took our license to mail in for us and we got around to looking at our itinerary and saw some sort of proof of marriage was required upon check in.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Congradulations on your marriage. I assume you need the proof of marriage for the One Cool Honeymoon package. They probably won't ask but as cindyo suggested bring your wedding invitation just in case. My daughter got married last Saturday (May 31) and is now honeymooning in Aruba (they arrived yesterday).

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    For travel and immigration purposes, her Official name is what her passport says until that is changed. If the bride's ticket was purchased in her maiden name which corresponds with the name on her passport be sure she fillouts all the immigration documentation in her married name. Also recommend she complete a separate duty form when leaving Aruba. Again, as far as immigration is concerned, her official name is what the passport says.

You could probably xerox a copy of your marriage license and have it notorized in case anyone questions you....more for the Honeymoon package that Liz refers to than anything else.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "If the bride's ticket was purchased in her maiden name which corresponds with the name on her passport be sure she fillouts all the immigration documentation in her married name."
    ---- I would say fill out forms in her maiden name since all her legal documents says her maiden name. Actually a woman does not need to change her name and can continue to use her maiden name. Maiden name can be continued to be her legal name.
    My daughter never changed her name.

Hi Wisguy71... Congratulations on ur wedding We are getting married in August and also travelling to Aruba for our honeymoon we were told by our travel agent to bring along a wedding invitation or a wedding photo or something from your reception venue stating names dates etc... I hope this helps.. Enjoy ur honeymoon looking forward to reading your report

Our daughter-in-law came to Aruba with her passport in her maiden name. She booked her ticket to match the name on the passport. They have been married 5 years & never bothered to change her passport.

She had no problems.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7