Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: No Trip Insurance and an ATV accident = frustration and high costs.

Aruba since 1979

No Trip Insurance and an ATV accident = frustration and high costs.

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-fr...dent/14582135/

Please.........always buy trip insurance that includes medical evacuation as well as other things that you'd need. (flight, luggage, auto rental ins)
    AND
    If going out on ATVs, again, i recommend a tour with the professionals.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    When I think of the fun we had on an ATV tour, and the trouble that could have happened... Yikes!!

i can bet with great certainty that the owner doesn't have insurance for guests.

I hope you don't mind that I reposted this on Renn page, I don't want to hijack anyone's posts but thought this was very Important. PMed you.

Aruba since 1979
    you are probably right cindy.
    when signing up for any activity that even has the smallest chance of injury, read the waiver thoroughy before signing and ASK
    pertinent questions.

we now think 2x before doing anything that has the phrase in waiver "injury and or death"

I know that I saw way back when the names of the travel insurance companies, can someone please post them, so there is option to buy if wanted.

Charlie

I was just looking into travel insurance yesterday and was surprised by how inexpensive it really is!

www.insuremytrip.com is the one I was using. It has a comparison tool that listed some of the other insurance carriers that were mentioned on this board
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We've purchased the insurance offered when booking through Expedia, as well as, insurance through Jet Blue. When we had to cancel one of our trips we put in a claim through Expedia. The company they use is Berkley. The claim was processed quickly with no issues and all our money was refunded including the nonrefundable airfare.

My husband is a daredevil and I am clumsy so we always buy it. I have found good rate with Allianz which is also the company American uses. Since we tend to buy one way tickets I wasn't sure how the coverage would work so I booked on my own which was more expensive but not notably.

Maybe this is a false sense of security but I prefer the 2 seater Atvs like the Rhinos. We had seat belts and a roll bar. My family are big atv riders and from their experiences, I feel like that is a better way to go than your standard atv. This is by no means a fact, just my opinion.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I feel so bad for this lady I Hope her recovery is not too hard or long. I swear the older I get the more of a chicken I become. Even things we have done in the past I now second guess if I would do again. I think a lot of it is the older we get it takes longer to recover from. Hope she is feeling better. I was one of the dummies up until this year when I finally said it is crazy not to have insurance and purchased it and also made my friend who goes before we purchase it as I am his personal travel agent. Better safe than sorry and we are believers if you buy it you will never need it, fingers crossed.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I want to re-tell a story of friends that traveled to Aruba the same time as us, and their catastrophe

we stayed at the Renn
    they stayed at the HI- 4 of them, classmates of my daughters

they rented 2 jet skis on the beach, ( son and Dad) they crashed into each other shortly after renting
    they not only had to pay for the two wrecked ski boats, but their medical bills

medical bills, 2 jet skis and a vacation semi ruined = one heck of a bill

insert SCREAM!

I don't trust the tours, the operators and their equipment!!

If you owe money, example jet ski damage, customs have the right detaining you, till payment is satisfied..
    those phone calls are made more than you'd expect...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast