Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: No Trip Insurance and an ATV accident = frustration and high costs.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Just today I talked to an older couple here at the airport in Texas. The woman's sister had been here to visit, got sick and had to spent three days at the intensive care at the hospital. The bill was $15,000!!! She had travel insurance but they only paid half of the bill!

Please make sure that you have a good travel insurance.

On the other hand, when she visited her sister in Germany, she got sick, needed to see a doctor for a very sore throat and needed some meds, all she had to pay was $15!!! Without even having any insurance!

When I travelled to Germany last year, I followed Andrea's advice: I got several travel insurances: for medical needs, luggage (if stolen or damaged), rental car (if stolen or damaged), flight (in case if I had to cancel or change dates). Better safe than sorry.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I also remember an incident where a young couple from Canada had rented an ATV on Aruba and got hit by a drunk truck driver: the young man died and his wife was badly injured. They had no insurance (accident, life insurance) and had therefore to go through some tough times, not only the loss of a loved one, but also financially.

IMO, people assume that they will be covered by the company who rents out the equipment. But many times, they are not. And as beautiful as Aruba is, there can be some severe accidents (car, motor cycle, ATV, water sports ect).

Whom do you recommend? Never had travel insurance... but the way my luck is I think i better.
    I leave in 12 days.

Aruba since 1979
    go to www.insuremytrip.com click comprehensive plan and then check out the policies and compare

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Sounds like mechanical or maintenance problem with steering. If so, could be liability issue for company that owns vehicle. It would be in the states for sure.

Aruba forget about liability with tour company, no recourse!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12