Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ocean water

Ocean water

Just curious, has the ocean been rough lately? Hoping for clear, calm waters this trip.

kathy

Aruba Web Cams

Live ocean conditions on a variety of web cams

Thanks Arubalisa, didnt think about looking at those.

Banned
    We swam at Eagle Beach today, and the water was calm; but it was very very windy. The sand was blowing quite hard. (I've been exfoliated from head to toe) Swimming water was calm and the jet skis were out, but I can't imagine being out on a fishing boat in those winds.

Just got home tonight. The ocean has been very rough in the Divi Beach area. Out of the 7 days we were there, 5 of the days the waves were huge. Some erosion, but still plenty of beach in front of the Tam and Divi. We walked to Eagle Beach on day and the beaches were fine in front of all the hotels along the way.

Trip report tomorrow - waaayyyy too tired right now, but awesome trip!!

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "very rough in the Divi Beach area."
    ----- For the past month I've been watching via their Cam the ocean in front of Manchebo and the water has been its normal mostly calm self.
    The beach has even grown many many yards over the last month.
    http://www.aruba-manchebo.com/webcam/netcam.jpg
    I don't stay at Manchebo but it gives me a feel for what my beach is doing.
    Just click on that address during the day. Can't see much at night.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 04-05-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Any particular reason that the ocean was rough in the Divi Beach area? It always has been so very calm when I stayed at the Marriott over the years. I realize, of course, that there have been many changes in ocean and weather patterns all over; and, perhaps, this is just another change that people have to live with today.

Aruba since 1979
    the beach at divi is "druif" and is as unpredictable as my weight.
    the whole stretch of beach in front of the tamarijn and then the area in between the tam and the divi AI changes, sometimes dramatically with even the slightest shift of current and weather.

there have been times when the place is very very rough and only the bravest would enter the water and other times it is like a mill pond.

we were down that way 3x b4 christmas and the first 2 visits, like a mill pond.
    3rd visit........did not dare to get in the water.

the difference between the marriott stretch of palm beach and the druif beach is huge.
    personally, i like the druif beach area..........which some also refer to as the beginning of eagle beach, but technically it is druif beach.

Druif beach faces southwest
    Manchebo beach faces west
    Eagle beach faces northwest
    Palm beach faces more west than northwest

All depends upon wind and currents.
    Right now there are sustained winds of 29 mph out of the east.
    Like Andrea said, we have been at Druif and one day the water is lake like and the next day

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "Any particular reason that the ocean was rough in the Divi Beach area?"
    ----- Could be Mother Nature! In that area and up to Eagle Beach over the years the beaches come and go due to rough currents. But spring is here and summer is coming. Usually the weather calms done now so the beaches should be better till mabe next winter.
    In June usually you won't see those large waves like above. Could be a storm. Like I said above I have been watching the beach in front of Manchebo for 2 months and usually calm. Nothing like that photo above.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 04-05-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast