Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: October

Loved the natural bridge before it collapsed...now not so much...view from lighthouse, sunset drinks at the Hyatt, tearing it up on the north side with a rental jeep...I could go on for hours....

October

Can anyone tell me if the first 2 wks of October is generally quieter or busier than normal? Also I read another post that said Sept can be less breezy - how about October...Any October insights would be appreciated?

Thanks all.

Aruba since 1979
    october is a nice quiet time to visit aruba.
    is it dead there in october? NOPE, but comparing it to the winter and the the spring, october is pretty quiet.

here is the weather from the aruba.com site

MONTHLY AVERAGES
    Month High Low
    Jan 87F 76F
    Feb 88F 76F
    Mar 88F 77F
    Apr 89F 78F
    May 90F 79F
    Jun 90F 80F
    Jul 91F 80F
    Aug 92F 80F
    Sept 91F 81F
    Oct 88F 78F
    Nov 88F 78F
    Dec 86F 75F
    WEATHER
    Arubas residents and visitors are blessed with clear skies, bright sunshine and cooling trade winds practically every day of the year. Except for a few scattered weather events annually and perhaps some limited showers on some days (very welcomed by our tropical plants!), the sun does indeed always shine here! Wonderful weather is one of the many reasons for Arubas highest return-visitor rate in the Caribbean.

RAINFALL
    On average, Aruba receives yearly only 408.9 mm (16 inches) of rain, where the greatest likelihood of precipitation from October through January.

TEMPERATURE
    The average air temperature is 27.8 C (82 F). The hottest months are from May through October and the coolest months are from December through March.

WINDS
    Aruba's tradewinds blow from the Northeast and the Southeast 95% of the time. The wind speed average is 17 miles/hour (27 km/hr). The minimum wind speed is observed in November and the strongest wind is observed in May through June.

HURRICANES
    The official Atlantic hurricane season generally extends from June 1 through November 30, with peaks from mid-August till mid-October. Aruba lies on the southern fringes of the hurricane belt and the likelihood of a direct hit is extremely small.

For local up to the minute weather conditions in Aruba, visit the Meteorological Service of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba website.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleWhiteDeskGuy View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the first 2 wks of October is generally quieter or busier than normal? Also I read another post that said Sept can be less breezy - how about October...Any October insights would be appreciated?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleWhiteDeskGuy View Post

Thanks all.

A great time to vist. The heat/humidity of summer has broken and it is before the rainy season. Nice weather generally. You may see some evening rain storms but generally these are late at night. I have been here 7 years in October and love it

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    quiet and relaxed. maybe a shower or 2 now and then.

We are there last two weeks in October. Assuming same as first two weeks, but with more chance for rain?
    Next Aruba trip in

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes
    i go every year on later october, and the island isnt too busy and the weather is usually in the mid 80s everyday. Little rain sometimes

We always go last 2 weeks september and most of october its not so breezy ,and as everyone said a little rain but never to much . We find it its always easy to get a table .So I would not worry to much about october.

Loved the natural bridge before it collapsed...now not so much...view from lighthouse, sunset drinks at the Hyatt, tearing it up on the north side with a rental jeep...I could go on for hours....

October

Thanks to all for comments about what to expect in October...I appreciate you all taking the time....can't wait...10/1 is just around the corner. It's been over 10yrs since I've been back. Looking forward to seeing the new malls and trying the new restaurants...sad about the natural bridge since I proposed to wife there.

Palewhiteguy,

Where are you staying? We will be there OCT 3-11

Tim and Kathy